I have a bit of a pet peeve with Blogger and I wonder if I am the only one? For me - blogging is about community and I love visiting the blogs of others who have commented on my blog. It irritates me when I visit a Blogger blog that requires a blogger or open id account to leave a comment.

I have a self-hosted wordpress blog, so my blogger account has no blog attached to it - I actually had to create one because I found so many blogs I couldn't comment on at all without:(. If I want to leave you a comment and let you know where I came from so you can visit me back - I have to leave it in the actually comment which is kind of spammy.

I know it probably helps with spam moderation somewhat but for those of us who don't use Open Id or Blogger - it's frustrating. Please consider setting your comments so we can sign with our names and URL instead! After all, when you visit my blog I allow you to leave your URL.

My 2 cents, lol.

Tags: blogger, commenting, peeves, pet

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is not a problem only with Blogger. Many of the blogging platforms require an account. I agree that it is frustrating but unless a person allows anonymous comments it is just something that we have to contend with or decide against leaving a comment.
I noticed the same thing! I actually posted a blog about it.
http://www.babybumpdiaries.com/how-to/comments-blogger-users/

I believe this is the default setting when you start the blog so most users probably have no idea until someone tells them
OH yeah I totally agree with you here Chrys. Totally annoying.
Yes I agree Chrystal. Please, please change your settings! I bet you'll get so many more comments that way.

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service