I signed up on BlogHer, and am contemplating the ads...anyone run them and make money from them?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Me, Me! You can email privately if you want specifics, but I am beyond happy with them, and the income is wonderful. And beyond the great pay, I have to say, the promotion they have done of my blog is amazing. I get so much traffic sent my way when they highlight it, and they have really contributed to my feeds and readership.
I am, too! It is really great for me. To be honest, I don't think I am making what Brittany is making, but I get enough to cover the costs of my site, which include newsletter services and some other stuff, plus a bit. The other thing is the ads actually look really professional, which is funny, but it makes your site look more professional. My MIL emailed me to congratulate me on getting Disneyland as a sponsor. I know there are people who hate ad networks, but unless you are out there hustling and have a huge readership, it is really really hard to sell ads. And who wants to do that anyway?
Brittany, since they changed the ad code, do you still have the links to other blogs and stuff? I don't have that anymore. I use the top header banner, though, so I don't know if that is why.

Brittany said:
Me, Me! You can email privately if you want specifics, but I am beyond happy with them, and the income is wonderful. And beyond the great pay, I have to say, the promotion they have done of my blog is amazing. I get so much traffic sent my way when they highlight it, and they have really contributed to my feeds and readership.
I do, thank goodness, as I really enjoy that feature. You must not due to banner placement. I would email them to ask though, they are so awesome at returning emails, and they may even fix the code to give them back to you:)
Honestly I haven't heard much good about the ads. Many have said the ads weren't geared towards their site/readers and many say they have waaaaaay too many rules. Like you can't do certain reviews or giveaways...you better read the fine print;)

And to make money with any ad network, you must have the traffic.
I was interested in Blogher ads a little while back. I went to the website to check it out and it said that they're not offering the ads at the moment. You can leave your e-mail address to be notified of when they do offer them to the public again.
Great question Jen. I've been thinking about doing the whole BlogHer thing.
I am signed up but not doing ads...I will be curious to see what everyone says about them!
I am considering trying it, especially since I don't feel I have time to set up my own advertising relationships right now (we're about to have baby #3). Eventually I may want to try advertising on my own but I think I could wait at least a year before going down that path.

I don't know if I would make much with the readership I have -- 500/600 views/month, but I can work on growing the blog -- it's still pretty new. There are other ad places though.... I'm not sure.

I just changed to a 3 column layout in case I want a column available to try ads. I think it can't hurt that much to give it a try, but it depends on how long you are committing for.

Good luck in your decision!
Karen
I did linkshare for a long time and got nothing. so i am going to give BlogHer a try. we'll see. The ads take up so much room!
Thank you for bringing this up, I've been curious about BlogHer, but haven't tried it.
I'm in and running ads and I'm very excited about how well it's going so far!!

I click on the ads of the blogs I visit too! ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service