I am thinking about getting my daughters their own digital cameras for Christmas. Do any of your children have digital cameras? My girls are 10 and 7 and I think they'd enjoy being able to get creative with a camera and upload their photos to their own blog.

Any company make great kids' cameras?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our 7 year old is getting one for Christmas this year. I am a HUGE picture taker (I am actually doing a wedding next month!!!!). So he has been around mommy taking photos since he was 2 days old. I was able to get a polaroid 7megapixel digital camera that was $140 for $2!!!!!!! (No, I didn't do anything illegal.......it was clearanced out at Walgreen's with a $40 rebate and I had RR to use up). So I snatched that baby up and man did it help the holiday budget!
I also got the KidTough camera for my 5 year old. She loves it. Don't take that great of a picture, but like Lolita said, its a great starter and you don't have to worry about it breaking if they drop it.
i am looking into getting my daughter one of the "toy" digital cameras. she just likes being able to see the pix she takes.
My mom just gave my 3-year old the FisherPrice "My first camera"--it's really sturdy and can handle being dropped--she loves it, and even brought it to the pumpkin patch today.
no but i wanna get one of the toddler proof ones for my daughter.
I got one for my son's 4th birthday--a preschool camera from Fisher-Price. He's 5 now and still absolutely loves it! So your older girls would be able to be much more creative. The photos on the "kid" camera are terrible, and in a couple years he'll get a "real" camera. (He's pretty good with my Nikon SLR, but I don't really want him carrying it, so he can't really be free to snap whatever he wants.)

Plus--selfish--I love having a record of the world through his eyes.
Mine have the kid tough one from fisher price. It was 60 bucks but takes pretty decent photos..I give it a B+...Christi
This is a great thread. My five year old wants a camera so badly . . .

I know they make ones just for kids that are supposed to hold up to being dropped, etc. Not sure if I quite believe them.
My son loves my camera and I don't want him playing w/ it so we may get him the Fisher Price Kid Tough one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/29/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service