Okay, I admit in my everyday life I swear like a truck-driver. I know that because I worked in the world of trafficking and they really do swear--a lot. Even though my language is salty, I do not curse on my blog. I may do a "damn" or "hell" but never anything more than that. The Queen of the "F" word during the day is Miss Prim and Proper on the blog. And I find I really don't like reading it on others. Do you curse on your blog? Are you turned off by off-color language in the blogs you read?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, I do not curse on my blog.
I am turned off by it, and will usually go onto some other site instead of finishing what I am reading.
I might do it here and there, but so far I haven't needed to post a curse-fest.

I wouldn't care for a blog that had cursing in every post, I don't think it's necessary, but a few here and there with good reason doesn't bother me at all.
I know of several blogs who curse like a freight train but I also know them in person and know how freakin' awesome they are so I would never judge them by their potty mouth.

I don't curse and very seldom say any curse words on. I've said the f word one time on my blog and that's when our A-HOLE boss at the time let us go for NO reason! I had a good reason;)
I don't mind it once in a while but not every post. I'm a bit of a prude especially when it comes to language.

I stopped cussing when I was pregnant with my first daughter and that was 22 years ago! Now don't go thinking I'm perfect because I sure do slip a lot. But when writing you have more control over your language and can always edit.
I do curse a lot in my blog, but I do it equally as much in real life. I find I write exactly how I speak, down to the inflection.

I am not turned off by foul language in a blog, as long as it is done with humor or reason, a lot of times I find it awkwardly placed in posts.
I would probably do so alot more if my mother and MIL didn't read.
I should have done a blog with a secret identity.
My mouth is filthy.
Yup! I have been known to remove a blog from my favorites if I see cursing. IMO it is unnessary.
It does not bother me much. I try not to do it but something might slip here or there.
I swear quite a bit in real life but haven't on my blog (yet). I believe that sometimes it has it's place and as writers we should chose every word carefully. If the F word is the only one that fits they by golly I'll be pulling it out of the roster and putting it up to bat. I just haven't needed to yet.
No it's not for me. I won't do it on my blog. However I am not offended when someone does it on their blog if it pertains to the subject or story. I should say though, when it is done in excess I am totally turned off by it.
I'm not a fan. Although I will still read a blog with the odd swear word, I won't swear in mine at all. I don't like making people feel the way I feel when I read a swear word, which is uncomfortable.
I swear sometimes on my blog, I did in today's post in fact (there was a lot of damage done to my car frame and 'a lot' did not covey it well), but I tend to stick to words that appear after 9pm on TV, words that I'd say in front of my parents - hell & damn. I drop the others from time to time if I feel the extra emphasis is necessary. I know I used the F word in post in the past few weeks. I was really really annoyed by something. Pretty much that is how I behave in real life too.

I don't mind swearing in context in others posts, but I am not a fan of gratuitous swearing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service