I'm pretty sure that we all do it. I call my 3 boys:

Boo
Dewy
Monkey Bum
Peanut
and
Dolly

Now that I think of it, I hope I'm not scaring them for life! lol.

What do you name your kids?

Tags: kids, mom, motherhood, parenting

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our daughter Paige is called Pea by everyone. Our sone Johnny is J-Rod or Slim.
Gunga is my oldest sons because when he was a baby he made this noise all the time as he jabbered that sounded like he was saying gunga.
My daughter we call Babydoll. She's 18 months. My newest baby we have yet to pet name.
Both of my boys have the same pet names...bug, monkey, moose, dude, kiddo. :-) and I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of!

Check out what we're up to at: www.AprilsLittleFamily.blogspot.com
Bubba and Cia (like see ya)
My eldest is Ariel and when she was small, we called her Ally. I still call her My Girl and Princess from time to time. My son was/is Chunky Monkey and my youngest (Rayelle) is Rayray, Princess, Baby Girl or Sunshine.
We have several!
Oldest is Thomas, and I tend to call him "Tomalom" DH calls him "Tambonious Minimus" (b/c he is named after his Papa, who's nickname is Tambo)
Daughter Reagan is Rayray, reagey, and my favorite, "Reagey reagey puddin' pie"
baby Jackson is JackJack, Smilin' Jack, CrackerJack, and Boom-jack-a-lacka.

Wow. They are going to need therapy someday aren't they?
Let's see, Jenna is (and has been from about 6 months old), Jenna Bean (added around Easter her first year), The Bean, Beaner, B. Although these days, Jenna (who is now 8), says "Mommy, please don't call me "B" in public!"
We are terrible ones for pet names.

My daughter Izabella (5.5mths) will, when she is old enough to understand, divorce us for calling her:

little pear
tiny bum
Miss slobbery
slap head
sunshine
drool features
little crumb
madam
gummy gums

and more....

Good grief, what are we doing to our children? lol
I started calling my son "football" while he was still in the NICU. No, I'm not some sports fanatic. I could only feed him in the football hold so I began calling him my little football. He informs me now that his name is not football, it's Jamie.

I also call him my little bugaboo or buggy (for short). When he's running around naked (which is all too frequent now days), I call him my naked mole rat. When he's climbing everything he's my little monkey.

I call my niece "My Little Tornado" because she can deconstruct the house in two seconds flat. What's so funny is that after I called her that in front of my sister-in-law she told me that her mother gave her the same nickname.
That's funny, I call my little guy dolly too.

Also:

zoozoo
ziggy
louey

I have no idea where these names came from :)
Oh, so many!

Bubba
Chicken (my husband comes up with the weirdest nick names)
Rye Rye (short for ryan)
Ryan Bo By An
Goose (again, my husband)
Nate and Boo Boo. He's always going to be my Boo Boo. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service