Do you ever submit one of your blog articles as a magazine article?

Does anyone out there ever clean up/refine a blog post to make it into a magazine free lance submission? Is this an impossible feat for a non-writer?

Tags: Blog, Free, Lance, Magazine, Submission, Writing

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No I don't because my blogging style isn't magazine worthy at least in my opinion. I am a writer and I write for a magazine but my style there is different than my more fun and conversational tone of my blog.
Alyssa,

Thanks! I am certainly not a writer but I wondered if I could clean up some of my blog posts from their informal conversational tone into a more formal magazine style and submit them. -ML
I do this sometimes, but mostly on other blog sites, such as zimbio, adoptic, blogher, and Type-A-Mom. It gets a little more traffic to my site and I enjoy being able to reach a larger audience.
Nope...I am not too confidence for that yet :D
I don't think you can do that. Magazines normally want the articles you submit to be pieces that were never published.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service