Do you dress up for Halloween with your child (or for your child)? WHY OR WHY NOT?

i did last year, we were both pirates...this year i'm not sure what i'm gonna be but I LOVE HALLOWEEN so any excuse to dress up is cool w/ me! lol

Tags: halloween, question, random

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep! Love dressing up and love dressing Peanut up.
Why? I don't know... I guess a part of me never really "grew up". ;)
We don't do "Halloween" in the traditional sense. We have one daughter (and three boys) who is super sensitive to sugar and a lot of the food coloring in candy. And because we're not going out where a lot of people will see their costume, we don't buy them. My four do usually try and find something around the house to create their own costumes though so they can hand out candy to others (which they enjoy as much as trick and treating).
We don't do "Halloween" in the traditional sense. We have one daughter (and three boys) who is super sensitive to sugar and a lot of the food coloring in candy. And because we're not going out where a lot of people will see their costume, we don't buy them. My four do usually try and find something around the house to create their own costumes though so they can hand out candy to others (which they enjoy as much as trick and treating).
I don't dress up anymore, not sure why, probably lazy! it's enough just getting the monkey's dressed, that when it is done I just want to throw jeans and flip flops on and call it a night, lol!
This year I will, my SIL and I are throwing a party for our kids and their friends! I'm just not sure what to be. This will be the first time in 10 years (since I was a teacher and dressed up!)
When we lived on a military base I did. It was so much fun dressing up and handing out candy to hundreds of kids! Now that we live in the country, we drive house to house and adult costumes just get in the way.
I work for a company that gets a little nuts for Halloween, so since I'll be in costume that day for work anyway, I'll probably just stay in it that night.
I put on my Ren Fair clothes when we go to trunk or treat. So far the boys have been pirates, worn kilts and this year will be 'bandits' so my kirtle goes fine with them.
I don't dress up my son was only 6 months old last year and we didn't go anywhere. This year will probably be the same. Even if we went somewhere I doubt I would dress up, I don't really celebrate Halloween.
I did only for my 8yo's first halloween. I was a flower and he was a bee. Haven't done it since.

Jen
I am cheap. My husband threw on a hat and called himself a farmer 10 minutes before trick or treat one year. I am not like that, I am a planner. If I do a costume I will plan it in advance. This year we are having a baby and I think I will just wear an orange t-shirt or something. I love the idea of dressing up, but it's a matter of time and money spent.... Maybe I'll do it when the kids are slightly older. I admire people who do dress up!
Yes I do. This year my son is going to be Bob the Builder, my daughter is going to be Little Bo Peep. I'm not sure about my baby boy just yet.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service