Sarah Louise posted a blog post
16 hours ago
Sophia Belnap posted a blog post
16 hours ago
Emily Roche updated their profile
yesterday

OUR BLOG

How to Through A Larger Than Life Small Wedding on a Budget

This one is as simple as crowdfunding your honeymoon. It might sound strange at first, but do you really need another blender or set of dinner plates? Instead of having your guests purchase a bunch of things you’ll end up trying to return anyway, why not let them chip in for…

Tips to Spring Clean Your Home

With Spring arriving it is time to start Spring Cleaning your house.…

How Due Date Calculators Can Change Your Pregnancy for the Better

Learning that you are pregnant can be one of the most joyous occasions in a woman’s life. As many of us know pregnancy can happen spontaneously or after much trying.  Regardless of how a woman becomes pregnant, it is vitally important for her to know when she…

Where can I find the best self-hosting? I'm wondering how many of you started out being hosted by Wordpress or Blogger and then decided to make the jump to self hosting? Do you have any particular sites to recommend? I'm ready to make the leap, but I am not sure where to go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Deb

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started out with Wordpress and I'm about to make the jump to self-hosting. I'm going with godaddy simply because we were already using it for another website and it wasn't going to cost me anything extra. I'd probably have gone with one of the wordpress recommended websites otherwise.
I did blogger and wordpress blogs at first then this summer made the move to a self-hosted blog. LOVE it!! I like how much I can customize especially! Plus since I was setting up hosting for a business site I got a hosting account that allowed unlimited sites and there wasn't really a cost to doing it (other than my domain name!)

I use HostPapa and it was really easy because they have a one click install for wordpress blogs. there are several other hosting companies that offer this too - they have a list right at wordpress.org of recommended hosts. I chose HostPapa also cause they are solar-powered!

Good luck!
Thanks for the info Rebekah and Laurie. I'm off to check out the details!
I use self-hosted Wordpress as well. My hosting is through MomWebs.
I use self hosted through Wordpress. I host at Go Daddy.

Self hosting is so much more customizable but I think if you are a complete rookie, it is a steep learning curve!

RSS

© 2018   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service