How does everyone get so blog savvy? I feel like a dinosaur :). I was so proud of myself for actually starting a blog and then learning twitter. The things that I see others doing on their blogs makes me feel behind the eight ball. Is there a website that talks about blogging in layman's, (read: blogging for dummies), terms? I mean things like memes and blog carnivals, for instance. How do you learn about that stuff?

Thank you in advance for any insight you can share.

Carole
Hippos Toes

Tags: blog, blogging, carnivals, dummies, for, latest, memes, technology

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just learned as I went. I've been blogging now for 3 years.
You can definitely find tips if you search for them (and Lori (The Cowboy's Wife) offers tutorials for different things on her blog). Like Alyssa, I learned as I went. I've only been really blogging for about three months; before that I had the boring ol' blogspot blog that got updated 2x a year. Once I started playing with things, asking questions, and researching, blogging became much more fun!

Don't be scared to ask questions as you visit blogs -- if I see something on a blog tha tI like, etc., i'll leave a comment asking about it. Most bloggers love to help out!
Thank you Rachel. I appreciate your tips. :)

Carole

Rachel_L said:
You can definitely find tips if you search for them (and Lori (The Cowboy's Wife) offers tutorials for different things on her blog). Like Alyssa, I learned as I went. I've only been really blogging for about three months; before that I had the boring ol' blogspot blog that got updated 2x a year. Once I started playing with things, asking questions, and researching, blogging became much more fun!

Don't be scared to ask questions as you visit blogs -- if I see something on a blog tha tI like, etc., i'll leave a comment asking about it. Most bloggers love to help out!
Thank you for taking time to respond Michelle. I guess I have to get over the fact that asking questions is okay. Bloggers seem more than willing to share. I know I am/will, once I have something to share - LOL! :)

Carole

Michelle said:
Don't feel intimidated by how much there is out there. When you see something cool that you don't know how to do, just devote some time to learning that ONE thing. Ask around, search Google for a tutorial, and practice practice practice!
Trial & Error! I also LOVE Blogging Basics & Blog Coach. Wish I would have found them the month I started blogging instead of a couple of months ago!
These are fantasic resources Briana! I thank you most kindly for posting these!!! I will bookmark them for sure.

Carole
I try to read a lot and look at other bloggers web sites and then search for info I'm interested in. I read a few articles on a web site called problogger and then I just kind of wing it. But I'm not super savvy yet! I am so impressed with other blogs I read that are wonderful quality....

Karen

http://favoritechildrensbooks.blogspot.com/
I am right there with you! I started my blog while pregnant with the baby and was starting to get the ropes. Now she is almost 2 months and I am finding it difficult to learn and also juggling her! I have gotten so behind that I went from having many comments on some posts to 1 or 2. Not that it matters, but that just shows me how little time I do have these days! I wish I could just buy a book because a book is easier to read one handed than going on the computer! If there is one let me know HA HA!
Hi Allison, I agree with you about books being easier. Plus it is always there as a resource :)

I'll let you know if I stumble upon anything :)

Carole

Allison said:
I am right there with you! I started my blog while pregnant with the baby and was starting to get the ropes. Now she is almost 2 months and I am finding it difficult to learn and also juggling her! I have gotten so behind that I went from having many comments on some posts to 1 or 2. Not that it matters, but that just shows me how little time I do have these days! I wish I could just buy a book because a book is easier to read one handed than going on the computer! If there is one let me know HA HA!
I think everyone's said it. look on people's sidebars for carnival and meme information. the best thing to do is start with some favorite blogs and check out their blogrolls. I'm always lurking. (leave comments and make new friends too!) subscribe to ones you like and you may find info on carnivals and whatnot that way. it is a learning process. all these moms are so nice too. everyone is great at offering help! good luck!
Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. I really do appreciate it so much. Lots of great advice here.

Carole
check out Blogger Buster they have some good tech resources. I agree it is a bit of trial and error and check out peoples blogs and you will find some great stuff. I think your blog is great!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service