Has anyone looked at YouData mentioned on Kirtsy? I created a MeFile and I really like it so far. Looks like they will soon make their ads available to bloggers!

Looks better than Google Ads and the best part is that they pay you every Friday directly to your Paypal account.

I'm very excited about it!

Tags: kirtsy, youdata

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Update-Trae emailed me back very QUICKLY with more info. I suggest emailing him if you are interested or have questions, he is very helpful.
Hello everyone!

I hope that it is ok that I am posting here. My name is James and I am an engineer at YouData. We came to your community through the wonderful women of Kirtsy (Gabby, Laurie, Laura, Gwen). I wanted to thank you for your interest in what we are trying to accomplish with our new advertising model.

As for the cell phone requirement -- we really do only require it for validation purposes. We racked our brains for almost a year prior to launch on the best way to validate that a real/live/unique person is on the other end of the advertising spend. You'd be surprised (maybe not?) about the number of people who would use YouData with multiple accounts just to make a few dollars (avgjoe@yahoo.com, avgjoe@msn.com, etc). So... while we offer consumers the opportunity to participate in the advertising transaction (your product -- attention -- for their dollars), we also provide value to the advertisers by helping validate legitimacy of their audience. They don't know who you are but they will know that their money is well spent on a real person's attention. One whose MeFile matches their demographics and interests! The alternatives to our chosen real-world validation approach are much more painful (think bank account deposits like paypal, etc). If you can think of an easier alternative we'd certainly entertain the possibility of developing it!

We are building our MeFile database up with your help. We are simultaneously focusing on building our relationships with advertisers so hopefully the market will mature and we will break the old way of doing business as it relates to advertising!

Thanks for the discussion! And yes, Trae is super nice if not goofy. And every YouData employee reads emails to support@youdata.com -- we are trying to be attentive.

Kind Regards,
James Mayes
jmayes@youdata.com
Team YouData
Thanks, James for responding. Love that!

I now understand about the cell phone. Didn't get it, though, when I was signing up. Threw me off a bit.

So, if you can't get SMS on your cell, what do you do? Or, what if you don't have a cell phone?

Maybe it could be spelled out a little better on the homepage. Ex: To join you'll need x,y,z... That way potential users aren't confused. PayPal spells it out for you after you've picked the kind of account you want.

Then again maybe I'm just looking too much into this. To be honest, I didn't know this service needed that level of validation in order to join. That's probably why I was mostly confused.

Thanks again for talking to us!

Jennifer James
Founder
Mom Bloggers Club
Until/unless we find a better way I'm sorry to say that non cell phone users won't be able to sign up. Perhaps there is a method lurking out there that will allow us to sign people up. To help in the meantime, we will be adding explanatory text to the site that will explain the requirements prior to starting the signup process. So that's in the works!

We will also be adding an explanation about our initial rollout target markets. They are 1) females in the US 2) college students on three campuses and surrounding areas.

There is also the non-US issue... while it seems rather simple to add (for example) Canadian or Australian carriers to the list, there are other tasks we must complete first. When advertisers setup their campaigns on YouData, they can identify target traits that are matched to your MeFile's traits (through the survey questions you can answer in the site!). So we'd have to tweak the surveys for our world-wide MeFile owners. That will happen! We are just starting small to get it right and then we'll open up for everyone ASAP.

Regardless, we can do a much better job of communicating this before you dive in. That's our fault and we will correct it.

James

Mom Bloggers Club said:

I now understand about the cell phone. Didn't get it, though, when I was signing up. Threw me off a bit.

So, if you can't get SMS on your cell, what do you do? Or, what if you don't have a cell phone?

Maybe it could be spelled out a little better on the homepage. Ex: To join you'll need x,y,z... That way potential users aren't confused. PayPal spells it out for you after you've picked the kind of account you want.

Then again maybe I'm just looking too much into this. To be honest, I didn't know this service needed that level of validation in order to join. That's probably why I was mostly confused.

Jennifer James
Founder
Mom Bloggers Club
James,

Thank you so much for explaining YouData to us, I really appreciate it!

James said:
Until/unless we find a better way I'm sorry to say that non cell phone users won't be able to sign up. Perhaps there is a method lurking out there that will allow us to sign people up. To help in the meantime, we will be adding explanatory text to the site that will explain the requirements prior to starting the signup process. So that's in the works!

We will also be adding an explanation about our initial rollout target markets. They are 1) females in the US 2) college students on three campuses and surrounding areas.

There is also the non-US issue... while it seems rather simple to add (for example) Canadian or Australian carriers to the list, there are other tasks we must complete first. When advertisers setup their campaigns on YouData, they can identify target traits that are matched to your MeFile's traits (through the survey questions you can answer in the site!). So we'd have to tweak the surveys for our world-wide MeFile owners. That will happen! We are just starting small to get it right and then we'll open up for everyone ASAP.

Regardless, we can do a much better job of communicating this before you dive in. That's our fault and we will correct it.

James

Mom Bloggers Club said:

Jennifer James
Founder
Mom Bloggers Club
haven't seen it - checking it out now...
I just signed up. It took a little reading, but now I totally get it. And I'm glad to hear their going to soon offer ads for bloggers! That will be very cool...
April said:
I love it. I've signed up for a profile and I have YouData ads on my blog.

I see the same advertisers over and over so it might take a while for it to catch on and there will be more choices.

I love how you can choose to give part of it to charity too.

How did you get the ads on your blog? I signed up Monday, but haven't found out how to put the ads on the blog yet. This was the real reason I signed up. I do use the 5-stack, and view a few websites each day, and have earned $6.15 since joining. Today is suppose to be payday, so we will see.
Michelle
Michelle-email them and they will contact you with a code you can put into your blog. They are very cool.

Michelle Steiner said:
April said:
I love it. I've signed up for a profile and I have YouData ads on my blog.

I see the same advertisers over and over so it might take a while for it to catch on and there will be more choices.

I love how you can choose to give part of it to charity too.

How did you get the ads on your blog? I signed up Monday, but haven't found out how to put the ads on the blog yet. This was the real reason I signed up. I do use the 5-stack, and view a few websites each day, and have earned $6.15 since joining. Today is suppose to be payday, so we will see.
Michelle
Mom Spark said:
Michelle-email them and they will contact you with a code you can put into your blog. They are very cool.

Thanks! Emailing them now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/17/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

12 Days of Christmas Super Sale

Not a member?  Sign up here for your Free
Healthy Home Company Membership
https://mombloggersgiftmembership.com

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

The more moms who are a part of Mom Bloggers for Social Good, the more good we can do through our blogs and social media. Please join us!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service