Hi all,

I'm going to link to my blog posting about this subject instead of typing all of the info in fresh. In short, my son (21 mos old) is having seizures. He's got a great neurologist, but we're still not sure whether it's "just" childhood febrile seizures or if there is something else going on. Two of the five seizures have been atypical - one was almost an hour long. I am hoping to find other moms who have been through this and/or links to resources that might be helpful as we move forward with more testing.

This is my most recent posting

For more info on the baby's seizures and our experience, you have to scroll back in time a bit. His first seizure was on Feb 2 of 2008.

Thanks in advance.. you guys are the best!
Jen

Tags: family, help, medical, parenting, seizures, toddler

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HI there,

I remember my brother having seizures. He had them until he was about 5 years old, they started when he was 2. I remember he'd just be there playing with toys and he'd just start to shake. I don't know how many times we called 911 for that poor child.

I think he had about 6 in total, and only when he was sick. His last one was happened while he was in school. It is a very scary thing to watch. I remember him loosing feeling down one side of his body, though the next day he was fine.

I remember one time my sister and I caused one. We were playing cannon ball with him (he sits on our feet and we launch him, I was a kid too at the time) and he missed the bed, landed on the floor and went into a seizure. Needless to say we didn't play cannon ball with him anymore.

My brother is now 19, and got a full scholarship to master in physics. He is healthy and no sign of a seizure in over 14 years. Good luck to you and your family, I hope they are the febrile seizures and that they subside soon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service