If you've done a giveaway on your blog, and have specific "rules" such as...

+go to site X
+choose a favorite X
+come back and leave your answer in my comments....

if they didn't do that, their entry isn't valid correct?!

To be fair to the others, you take them out of the equation and select a winner based on rule-followers.

I think i'm being fair doing that. I mean the whole purpose is to promote your client and bring them increased exposure and traffic.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

totally fair, imo.
Yes. A commenter/contest entrant has to follow the rules. That has just been what I always enforce on every giveaway contest I do on Hip Mama's Place.

And yes, you are being fair for standing by your contest rules. Good question.
right, new to this, so if I offer a product for "testing"......my client could use feedback. they are expected to respond. right?
viki
I agree I think it's fair that way too. Also, I like some suggestions, pick a winner, then check their entry. I know I only have about 15 entries on my blog so it's easy to verify, but if you have a lot of entries, who the heck wants to check each and every one, know what I mean??

Good luck!
Thanks everyone for such a fantastic discussion. I have lots of giveaways and agree with deleting those who don't follow the rules. No worries:)
That's fair. I also give people the chance to enter more than once if they do more steps. Comment on my blog - 1 entry. Post on your blog and link to my blog about the giveaway - another entry. I've also seen bloggers give an entry if the person subscribes to their RSS feed.
i really like the idea of going through the archives! i'm at the end of a giveaway now, it it was something my mom knitted and i loved it so she made one for me to giveaway. we are doing it the old fashioned way, (having kid pick from bowl), because i didnt know of random.org and will be doing it that way from now on. but i think rules are rules as well.
Hi Jen,

Yes, you are being fair. At Mudpies and Mary Janes, I try to enforce the rules just to make if fair for everyone. Also, if people say they are a subscribers to my feed to gain extra entries I do check. I hate to say this, but not everyone is completely honest about that.

Does anyone else moderate their comments?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service