I have been thinking about this for the longest time but I'm still in a dilemma. How much time tdo you allow your child to play games? How much is too much?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would play with them - very rarely too!! I mean it's totally difficult to do that...but I agree - letting them to play games is a sure hassle free way to get them occupied - contentedly!! Thanks for the reply.
not sure what kind of games you mean and how old are the kids? if it's just toddler games than let them do what they wish for as long as they want---it's also a learning and imagination thing w/ them. Older kids on the computer games? now that should be limited IMO because it's not even active play...and they get too addicted.
I would think it depends on what you mean. Games in general I agree should be all day every day because it promotes learning, team work, and skill building. If we are talking video games I limit that to 30 min every few days.
Are we talking video games? or board games? Board games, I say as long as their little heart desires. I would love to say that my daughter only plays a half hour of video games a day, but that would be a total lie. We have a leapster, which is educational and I pretty much let her play that when she wants. But we also have a wii and a ds. The DS is limited to a half hour or so. The Wii, urgh i hate to admit it... is on way too much. I tell myself she is getting exersize but thats so lame. how much exersize can she get waving a remote at the tv?
hi, i let my son play most of the time, with toys or stuffs that would make him to be more of a creative thinker. i read that from a book or mag. tv is only in the early mornings when he gets to watch his favorite cartoons or at night. information spoonfeed is unhealthy for brain development, according to those mags and books i read. but afternoons are all for playtime and sleep when he's tired.

video games are even very rare... i have a nephew who was raised with such games to keep him busy when he was younger and ended up stuck in front of computer games than reading books and class materials later on. :(
jaime said:
not sure what kind of games you mean and how old are the kids? if it's just toddler games than let them do what they wish for as long as they want---it's also a learning and imagination thing w/ them. Older kids on the computer games? now that should be limited IMO because it's not even active play...and they get too addicted.

I was actaully referring to computer games for say 7 to 16 years perhaps. I have this problem with my two children - cos they demand to play everyday. Trying to resttrict them often results in war of words with neither party feeling very happy. I wonder if this is a common problem among parents.
I think that's very good to tsrat with, I would just glow with excitement if I could find my children find something creative to do other than playing video games or computer games. I mean you could do things like play scrabble, pictionary or something..or are these games outdated?;p

Lorela said:
hi, i let my son play most of the time, with toys or stuffs that would make him to be more of a creative thinker. i read that from a book or mag. tv is only in the early mornings when he gets to watch his favorite cartoons or at night. information spoonfeed is unhealthy for brain development, according to those mags and books i read. but afternoons are all for playtime and sleep when he's tired.

video games are even very rare... i have a nephew who was raised with such games to keep him busy when he was younger and ended up stuck in front of computer games than reading books and class materials later on. :(
hehe.. they are kinda outdated for kids now, but we could still probably make it interesting for them, like give rewards or somethin' LOL. outdoor activities are also fun. grab the ball and run with our kids LOL. and hey, the nephew i was telling you about is always in constant struggle also with his parents abt the computer thing.. your kids are still young, you can probably do something about it still. dont give up.. my nephew is in highschool, so thats kinda harder to control..
MomIz said:
I think that's very good to tsrat with, I would just glow with excitement if I could find my children find something creative to do other than playing video games or computer games. I mean you could do things like play scrabble, pictionary or something..or are these games outdated?;p

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service