I will sometimes comment on Blogher regarding certain political issues. Get involved in the conversation- sometimes heated.
Yesterday I got a comment on my personal blog's about page from some woman. She was responding to a comment I left on Blogher. She stated she wanted to make sure I got her message. I was quite shocked and kind of felt invaded.
My blog in a way is my home. I know I post my URL on other sites but I won't think of going to a person's personal blog and harass them about comments they made on another site. To me when you seek a person out you are being a bully.
So what are the expectations of leaving comments on other site? Should a person be allowed to seek you out on your personal blog? Are there rules?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I try to play by the rules, "if you don't have anything nice to share, don't share at all" and even if I disapprove or disagree with the poster, I need not be rude or bully anyone. In your case this person took an extra step to be rude and for such reasons, I continue to moderate my comments. I can say i've only deleted maybe one or two out of distaste, but I'd say yours would be fine to 'trash' for just being unrelated (and rude).
I don't really know about "rules", per say, but in my opinion that is not right to contact you on your personal email. If it is a discussion on a certain site, then that is where all replies/comments should stay. Hope she didn't upset you too much!
I think there's just rules of being polite when visiting blogs. Unfortunately some people just get so involved in debates that they can't let things go. It's sad. I would just delete the comment and forget about it. It's their loss not yours. Just thank your lucky stars she's not your next door neighbour in real life.
I don't think that she handled that correctly at all. I think your personal blog is out of line and she should have stayed away from that. The reply should have stayed on the original forum.
I would be surprised and upset if someone "stalked" me to my own blog like that. It seems wrong to me. I agree about deleting it and forgetting about it.
I agree with Jen. And that's why I moderate comments, not only for spam but for rude comments that might offend my other readers too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service