I will sometimes comment on Blogher regarding certain political issues. Get involved in the conversation- sometimes heated.
Yesterday I got a comment on my personal blog's about page from some woman. She was responding to a comment I left on Blogher. She stated she wanted to make sure I got her message. I was quite shocked and kind of felt invaded.
My blog in a way is my home. I know I post my URL on other sites but I won't think of going to a person's personal blog and harass them about comments they made on another site. To me when you seek a person out you are being a bully.
So what are the expectations of leaving comments on other site? Should a person be allowed to seek you out on your personal blog? Are there rules?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I try to play by the rules, "if you don't have anything nice to share, don't share at all" and even if I disapprove or disagree with the poster, I need not be rude or bully anyone. In your case this person took an extra step to be rude and for such reasons, I continue to moderate my comments. I can say i've only deleted maybe one or two out of distaste, but I'd say yours would be fine to 'trash' for just being unrelated (and rude).
I don't really know about "rules", per say, but in my opinion that is not right to contact you on your personal email. If it is a discussion on a certain site, then that is where all replies/comments should stay. Hope she didn't upset you too much!
I think there's just rules of being polite when visiting blogs. Unfortunately some people just get so involved in debates that they can't let things go. It's sad. I would just delete the comment and forget about it. It's their loss not yours. Just thank your lucky stars she's not your next door neighbour in real life.
I don't think that she handled that correctly at all. I think your personal blog is out of line and she should have stayed away from that. The reply should have stayed on the original forum.
I would be surprised and upset if someone "stalked" me to my own blog like that. It seems wrong to me. I agree about deleting it and forgetting about it.
I agree with Jen. And that's why I moderate comments, not only for spam but for rude comments that might offend my other readers too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service