What do you do??? I need all the feed back that I can get. My seven year old son stoll $20 dollars out of my wallet yesterday. After lying about it 4 times on where he got it he finally admitted he got it from my wallet. He knew what he was doing, we think he knew it was 20 bucks but not realy sure there, he is only in 1st grade. We have grounded him and we were going to go to an amusement park today as a family but instead I am stuck home with him and my baby, my husband is taking my other 2 boys. He can't play when he gets home after school this next week, nothing fun. We want him to realize how he has broken our trust and how important it is that this is just not acceptable!!! it can lead to other bad things in life. This is not the first time either that he has done something like this, he also took 6 dollars from a neighbor kid yesterday when he had out his piggy bank and it broke and my son decided to help himself to his dollar bills!!! any adivce on this would be great!!!!

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I was a kid I stole a pack of gum from the checkout aisle in the grocery store. When my mother found out that I stole the gum she marched my little behind to the manager and made me apologize. The manager was all, "Oh, don't worry about it." I was about five at the time. My mother said, "No, it was not okay." I cried in front of the manager and never had sticky fingers again.

I have also heard mothers will take their kids down to the police station when their kids get sticky fingers just to scare them a bit. Seeing all the police officers and getting one to tell him what happens when someone steals will probably set him straight, especially since this isn't the first time it's happened. Good luck to you.
Jennifer James said:
When I was a kid I stole a pack of gum from the checkout aisle in the grocery store. When my mother found out that I stole the gum she marched my little behind to the manager and made me apologize. The manager was all, "Oh, don't worry about it." I was about five at the time. My mother said, "No, it was not okay." I cried in front of the manager and never had sticky fingers again.

I have also heard mothers will take their kids down to the police station when their kids get sticky fingers just to scare them a bit. Seeing all the police officers and getting one to tell him what happens when someone steals will probably set him straight, especially since this isn't the first time it's happened. Good luck to you.
Thanks so much for the advice!!! I have thought of doing that also!!

Leslie Moody said:
Jennifer James said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service