Just curious on the amounts of gifts and money spent on birthday gifts for your kids. Does your child's age impact the amount of money? How has the change in economy impacted your gift giving for your kids' birthday gifts?

Tags: birthday, birthdays, budget, children, economy, gifts, kids, presents

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Way too much! We have one child, and I am the first to admit we spoil her on birthdays and holidays. I would say a hundred or so on birthdays and as for christmas, watch out. The economy is definitly going to change our habits this year.
I wanted to reply to this because I think birthdays can get crazy, but my daughter and some of her friends have been doing something different. My daughter is 5 and this past birthday, we suggested that she ask her friends to give a donation to the SPCA instead of giving her gifts (she had an animal theme birthday). She was really into it. She's very proud about raising money to help the animals, and some of her friends have also started to have this kind of birthday party.

She started a new school this year, and I was happy to find out that most of the parents are very interested in alternative birthday presents. They've been asking for no presents, or donations to charity, or just keeping it small, and one just asked that all the kids make a birthday card or drawing so the birthday girl can create a birthday wall in her room, which I thought was a great idea.

Just some thoughts. Of course, the families still give toys but at least this keeps it manageable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service