ADVERTISEMENT

Just curious on the amounts of gifts and money spent on birthday gifts for your kids. Does your child's age impact the amount of money? How has the change in economy impacted your gift giving for your kids' birthday gifts?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Way too much! We have one child, and I am the first to admit we spoil her on birthdays and holidays. I would say a hundred or so on birthdays and as for christmas, watch out. The economy is definitly going to change our habits this year.
I wanted to reply to this because I think birthdays can get crazy, but my daughter and some of her friends have been doing something different. My daughter is 5 and this past birthday, we suggested that she ask her friends to give a donation to the SPCA instead of giving her gifts (she had an animal theme birthday). She was really into it. She's very proud about raising money to help the animals, and some of her friends have also started to have this kind of birthday party.

She started a new school this year, and I was happy to find out that most of the parents are very interested in alternative birthday presents. They've been asking for no presents, or donations to charity, or just keeping it small, and one just asked that all the kids make a birthday card or drawing so the birthday girl can create a birthday wall in her room, which I thought was a great idea.

Just some thoughts. Of course, the families still give toys but at least this keeps it manageable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

FOLLOW US

OUR BLOG

Cultural cities in the US to visit with kids

Family breaks are a great way to have fun together and make some memories that will last a lifetime, but choosing a city break in the US can also help your family to learn and grow together. With a large selection of cultural destinations on offer across the country, parents are spoiled for choice when it…

OUR DAILY PINS

Latest Activity

Wanda Jefferson posted a video

Endless Reader (Level 1) - Educational Reading Learning App for Kids

Apps4Kids presents Endless Reader by Originator. ➔ App Download (Apple App Store): https://goo.gl/lSlJ9M ➔ App Download (Google Play App Store): https://goo....
4 hours ago
Wanda Jefferson posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Wanda Jefferson posted a status
""If you want to make anything go viral, let it be love"-Wanda Jefferson"
5 hours ago
Wanda Jefferson posted a status
""If you want to make anything go viral, let it be love"-Wanda Jefferson"
5 hours ago
Wanda Jefferson liked Susan Keefe's blog post Okay, Okay by Fred Krebsbach
5 hours ago
Wanda Jefferson liked Miles Bonanno's blog post A Parent's Thoughts On President Trump
5 hours ago
Wanda Jefferson liked Kristen Luciani's blog post Special Announcement To Benefit St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital & Giveaway!
5 hours ago
Wanda Jefferson liked Cara Rich's blog post Facing My Past, For My Kids
5 hours ago

Advertisement

© 2017   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service