In your blogs, if you write about your personal life, how much information do you share. Do you use real names and places? Do you share pictures? Or do you try to keep details to yourself? I am interested to hear what lines you have drawn for yourself when it comes to posting about your personal life, family, and friends.

Tags: Blogging, information, opinions, personal

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use nicknames for everyone, including myself. I'm vague about where we live, a couple or so hours from a major metropolitan area. If we travel to someplace I'll be specific about it. I do share photos, but I blur out place names of local areas. I don't share really personal stuff about the boys or DH & I's relationship, or if I do I make it humerus.
It interesting to hear everyones take on this question. I haven't been blogging long but I have been using nicknames for my husband and daughter, but I do post pictures so people may be able to figure it out. I just didn't want to throw every little detail of my life out there...especially when it concerns people other than myself.
I use code names for my kids, I refer to my hubby as my hubby and I don't list where we live. I do post occasional photos of my kids but make sure there is never anything showing like a swimsuit, bath tub shots, or anything else that a pervert might get off on.
I don't post any personally identifying information, and I keep any potentially personally identifying info pretty darn vague.
I tried to keep my identity more secret in the beginning of my blog, but as I have gone along and your blog gets more well known it is harder to keep your identity a secret. I still try not to share too much of my personal info though.
I don't use my kids real names.
I do talk badly about my MIL if she's being naughty, because, well, that's what my blog is for. But I won't say her name.
I complain about my husband, but, well, he has a pseudonym too.
My real first name has been "outed" but I don't refer to myself that much in that way.

I'm starting to warm up to it a bit....get a bit more comfortable....especially since my MIL doesn't have internet access.
I try to keep things fairly vague. My family has nicknames. I don't say where we live (state only). I do post photos, but hopefully with little identifying info. I've seen it go both ways, and right now this just works for me.
I take lots of photos, so I have to use real places, but my kid's and hubby's names are made-up.
Okay so what about other family member and friends...do you use their real names or fake names? Or do you avoid talking about friends and family? I am just trying to figure out what a good middle ground is, I don't want to put everyone in the spot light just because I started blogging everyday...but I don't want to skip over important happenings just because it may involve a family member or a friend. What is your take?
I've run myself in circles with this very issue. At first, I included very little. Now, though, I do use MOSTLY real names. And the information I share is as honest as I possibly can be. Otherwise, there's just no point.

I keep details to myself that would disrespect my husband, my family, or do any harm to my children in any way.

I disrespect myself a lot. ;)
I put it all out there! Pictures, first names, places. It creeps me out a little when people are over sensitive about what they share. There are some bloggers who even keep their gender to themselves! That's just weird.
Rhonda said:
I put it all out there! Pictures, first names, places. It creeps me out a little when people are over sensitive about what they share. There are some bloggers who even keep their gender to themselves! That's just weird.

I would agree that keeping you gender hidden is a little too far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service