Basically it's a blog all things "woman." I write about life, mine & others, parenting, fashion, home decorating, makeup, skin care, books....you name it and I cover it. One day it's deep and meaningful the next day I'm obsessing about reality tv. I'm a chick, what else can you expect???
I try to write every day, but if not, I am at least posting 5 days a week.
I have a stat counter and I would say I get about 50-75 visits a day. Some of those are definitely friends, but all of my comments are from people I don't know.
Mostly I started my blog to get back into the habit of writing. But more than anything, my writing is to try to connect with other women so that we all know we're not alone. There is always someone else out there going through the same stuff.
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wonder why...that's my blog!
I blog confessional style about parenting & family life. I blog with a humorous spin. I blog about being a mom because it is what I do, what I know. I blog with humor because most days if I don't laugh, I'll cry.
I used to shoot for 4 posts a week. Now I shoot for 4 showers a week. A post or two per week right now is average.
I blog about things I like. Recipes, stories, decorating and party ideas. It started out as a place for me to keep ideas that I loved and wanted to do someday, just a place for me. But now I have a pretty decent following. People like coming to one place to see great ideas from all around the web.
I have three posts a day. They are scheduled ahead of time for the same times each day. 3am, 9am, 3pm
They are short and easy to skim through.
Up until a couple of months ago my friends and family didn't even know about the blog (except my husband). Most of my subscribers are people that I only know online.
Any other info...it is fun! You should check it out!
I am a Bible teacher, speaker, and author of 6 Bible studies especially for MOMS. Last October I officially launched a ministry (Standing Near the Cross). I write and produce video-driven non-denominational Bible studies for MOMS.
For over 20 years I have been teaching a weekly Bible study to a group of nearly 300 moms. After writing and teaching my own studies for most of that time, I began to publish them 2 years ago and produce video series to accompany my studies. I currently have 6 studies completed, with 2 more to be available this year. I currently have my studies in 24 churches, who are now able to have a ministry to moms. Seriously, how fun is that?!?!
I have been blogging for 3 years. My intention is to encourage women in the fine art of Christian mothering-which is always tiring and often thankless! Can I get an AMEN?
I generally post 6-10 posts a week. I have a large word bank!
Many of the moms who do my studies follow my blog for the encouragement and Biblical instruction.
I usually write in "series" on the same topic. For instance, I have just done a series of 5 blogs on dealing with irregular people and toxic relationships. I am currently writing a series of blogs on releasing grown children into the adult world. My heart is for moms. I want to invest in the lives of the women training up the next generation for the glory of God!
The bloggy world fascinates and intrigues me. It allows us to build a community of like-minded individuals to exchange ideas, offer instruction and encouragement, and invest in the lives of women we will probably never meet! While the option of communicating without building relationships can potentially be dangerous, the opportunities the Internet has opened up for us to interact is phenomenal! I enjoy being a part of the bloggy community.
I love to have visitors and am more than happy to link to your site if you will leave me a comment requesting this. I will soon have a button to share. If you are in the need of someone to "rise up and call you blessed, stop by!"
* Why you chose that topic to blog about --- I chose two blogs because I can write about reviews, contests and my daily life as a work at home mom on one and on the other blog Ask Brandy Ellen I can pursue my love for writing with my love for helping others.
* How many posts you write a week --- I post 1-2 blogs a day on each blog.
* Do you get visitors to your blog (besides family and friends) --- Yes I get many visitors and have around 32 email subscribers last time I checked.
Hey! My blog is The Coco Cafe at thecococafe.blogspot.com
I write about me. That can include my new son, my transition into motherhood, my hobbies (crocheting and cooking) ...and just about everything else. At first it was just for family and freinds to see the baby and hear stories. But I have learned that its a great way to build a mommy support and have really expanded over the last couple weeks. I write...oh every to every other day. My blog is new (barely 6 months) and has been a serious endeavor for an even shorter time but I am slowly building up a readership other than people I personally know.
Any other info? I love new readers because I LOVE comments. I am always in need of advice and support and promise to read your blog if you read mine!
I'm what you call a casual blogger. No ads, humble following. Although I doubled my readership in a month from some networking efforts!
* Why you chose that topic to blog about: I think my posts are 50% about the family and the other 51% about my thoughts on the bigger picture - religion, politics, the economy. Sounds weird, but I try and tie it in altogether. I am also hoping to find other buddhist moms out there. So if you know of any...let me know! * How many posts you write a week: For the time being, I post every other day. So far its working building up my readership. So far, its helped!
* Do you get visitors to your blog (besides family and friends):I think I have 4-5 comments a day. According to my Statcounter, its about 9...alot of them are flybys. I just had a burst of inspiration to zest -up the layout...now just need to find the time!
* Any other info you wish to share about your blog: I am an obsessive documentary watcher, and find there are tons and tons available online. So every Monday, I embed a video and talk about why its worth watching. Wednesdays are dedicated to writing about the Dharma. Its going to be interesting, since many many of my readers are not buddhist. I am super conscious about not coming off as being a evangelical, and my intention is not to recruit. I write about that, because its how I work things out for myself. Once upon a time, I would have written about these things in a journal. Now I've just graduated online ;)
I get visitors at my cherished site and christmas site but not at the others.
I share my daily living and struggles as a single mother. I share a part of me and my family. I share my passions --my children, motherhood, being single in my 40s, Christianity, fibromyalgia & other health issues, advocacy -- and hobbies -- scrapbooking, photography, reading, Christmas. I share what all is cherished in my life.
I want that special feeling to last all year long and that is the inspiration for this blog. I believe in Santa and the Christmas spirit. I love the excitement of decorating and the anticipation of waiting for Santa to arrive. I love the kinder hearts of people who are more generous and more forgiving during this time of year. I love the dazzle of the lights and the twinkle in the children's eyes. I love the merriment of parties and friendships. I love Christmas.
365 Days of Memories is about cherishing our family and loved ones and getting those memories on paper. 365 Days of Memories is all about scrapbooking but also about wonderful friends. Scrapbooking is the focus but other paper crafts, journaling, and altered art will be shared as well.
Get organized now! So much stuff, so little room. Stuff you need, such as food and toiletries. Stuff you collect, such as cookbooks and figurines. Stuff that seems to multiply overnight, such as bills and recyclables. Fortunately, there are plenty of solutions to help you store your stuff. Check out the blog for ideas, concepts, and tips to get you organized. YOU can get organized now!