Creative outlet? Money? Boredom? All of the above?

Personally, I started out by reading blogs on a variety of topics, but mostly those that interested me - family, food, stuff for kids, TV - then I got curious and decided to try one of my own. Now I'm addicted. I think it's so great that we're able to write and share our thoughts for free and have people actually interested in what I write! I make no money (well, that's not entirely true, I made $1.03 last month) so the draw for me is to have an outlet away from the normal stuff - laundry, cleaning, kids - for a few minutes every day.

So, why do you blog? How and when did you get started?

Tags: blog, blogging, reasons, why

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Deb - Good question, why do we blog? Well for me, I used to be a journalist, so writing was the biggest part of my daily life, and in college I was a writing major so writing papers and short stories was the biggest part of my daily life at that time as well.
Well, when I quit the newspaper about a year ago to begin my own judgment recovery company, the only writing I really ever did was legal writing when I'd draft motions and pleadings, but other than that, I didn't have much time for any creative outlet. So in January I got this crazy idea that I would start a blog to display and self-publish my short stories and connect with other short story writers. Well, the short stories have yet to make an appearance and the blog has become more of a way to connect with people of all faiths through my faith and experienes as a Jesus seeker. My blog has really been a way for me to put myself out there, and like me, the blog is sometimes funny, sometimes introspective, sometimes uplifting, and sometimes just plain stupid.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service