Creative outlet? Money? Boredom? All of the above?

Personally, I started out by reading blogs on a variety of topics, but mostly those that interested me - family, food, stuff for kids, TV - then I got curious and decided to try one of my own. Now I'm addicted. I think it's so great that we're able to write and share our thoughts for free and have people actually interested in what I write! I make no money (well, that's not entirely true, I made $1.03 last month) so the draw for me is to have an outlet away from the normal stuff - laundry, cleaning, kids - for a few minutes every day.

So, why do you blog? How and when did you get started?

Tags: blog, blogging, reasons, why

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Deb - Good question, why do we blog? Well for me, I used to be a journalist, so writing was the biggest part of my daily life, and in college I was a writing major so writing papers and short stories was the biggest part of my daily life at that time as well.
Well, when I quit the newspaper about a year ago to begin my own judgment recovery company, the only writing I really ever did was legal writing when I'd draft motions and pleadings, but other than that, I didn't have much time for any creative outlet. So in January I got this crazy idea that I would start a blog to display and self-publish my short stories and connect with other short story writers. Well, the short stories have yet to make an appearance and the blog has become more of a way to connect with people of all faiths through my faith and experienes as a Jesus seeker. My blog has really been a way for me to put myself out there, and like me, the blog is sometimes funny, sometimes introspective, sometimes uplifting, and sometimes just plain stupid.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service