Moms begin blogging for a variety of reasons. Some are desperate to talk to other adults instead of hearing baby talk all day while others use blogging as a way to hone their writing skills and connect with a larger audience. Some moms blog to bolster their businesses, and others blog because it's the "in" thing to do.

There are undoubtedly a plethora of reasons why moms blog. Why do you write for everyone to read your words? Why do you blog?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know how this all started. I just wrote and posted on a mom site then I was featured- and it spun from there. I love to be creative, and the ability to jot down how I feel as a mom. My MIL loves to read about what the kids do on a day to day basis. She lives far so it is a link into her grandkids lives. So however it began the why I blog has changed three-fold!
I blog for two reasons: 1. I have a personal blog where I post anything going on in my personal life, from kids, church, life, blogging, my VA business, marriage, family, etc. etc, whatever pops into my head that I think might be interesting to others, or I just think is interesting to me. Also, I use my personal blog to keep the out of state families up to date as much as possible. 2. I have a separate "business" blog, that I use, well hope to use, as a place for my Virtual Assistant business; for ideas, suggestions, to advertise, and hopefully I will start making money from it.

I like writing and posting and getting comments and tracking visits to my sites...I love everything about blogging!
My one reason was to get thoughts out of my head. I was going through a separation and wanted just to 'spill it all.' My personal blog has lead to a variety of things now and I like where it has gone. Still a simple, personal blog, but I like that.

Now the other blogs I do spun from throwing ideas back and forth to a network buddy of mine. He does all of the admin stuff for them and I write. We have a parenting blog, a gossip blog, a home & family blog, and an office blog now. So, I stay busy with it all.
I always liked writing but did not seem to find time for it. Then when we took an internet connection and my sis-in-law encouraged me, I thought, why not? That's how http://whynotblogitout.blogspot.com/
started, and there I write about whatever strikes me as interesting. It's a kind of an umbrella blog.

Then I started to feel the need to write about my growing-up years and experiences, if only to share with my friends, and family (especially my two daughters) that important part of my life. And so I began http://pastcontinues.blogspot.com/

I am truly loving writing on both the blogs, shifting between past and present.
I'm a narcissist and love the comments and attention.

Mostly though, it's for the connection. And hopes that I'll someday be able to contribute to our family income. I started doing it to promote my fiction and hopefully find an agent to represent my novel, but blogging has turned into this whole separate entity that I love.

Angie (from www.AllAdither.com)
I started blogging mainly to record memories and thoughts about my kids and our life. I keep doing it mostly because of the incredible community that I discovered and how supportive we all are of each other. I'm in the process of starting a second blog for product reviews and am hoping that it goes well because I've found that I enjoy trying new products and reviewing them in an unbiased, fair way. :)
I started blogging since 2004 when my 1st son was born. At that time it was basically a online journal about my son's milestones and his achievements which I share with the rest of the family who are located worldwide. Now I blog both for pleasure - personal blog, kids blog, showcasing my bakes, and for hope of earning some cash online through my parenting website - From Dominique's Desk

I also got to know many new and interesting people through blogging and it is a stress relieve from the daily grind of being a SAHM.
I've been blogging for just over 4 years now. I started when a friend I'd met online (we were all due in December 1996) was diagnosed with terminal cervical cancer. She lived in Norway and began blogging to journal through the process, and keep in touch with friends spread around the world. A few of us joined her in the blogosphere, most continuing even after she passed away. My blog has been a source of humor, comfort, and therapy for the ups and downs of life. It's a way to keep in touch with people I know, and connect with those I've never met. It's my sanity.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service