How many social communities (like Mom Bloggers Club) are you a part of? How many is too many?

I admit, I am involved in several. Well, not involved, but at least signed up with some sort of a profile. It never ends - I get an email asking me to join, I take a look and if it looks promising, I join. Then I find myself too busy to particpate, bored with what it is, or just plain forget I ever signed up. Then I ask myself - do I stay just for the exposure on the profile or delete my account? Thoughts anyone?

Tags: blogging, clubs, groups, networking, neworking, social

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm In Cre8buzz, which i like but as someone else said it's not quite as easy to use as this is and nowhere near as many features. It is however filled with very nice people, i just never get over there enough. Heck it took me almost a month to get involved here. I may be in other things but darned if i remember what they are.
I am really enjoying reading all these responses!

I have to agree with the person above who said myspace is the worst designed site. I used to have a myspace, but I teach junior high kids and have teenagers in my house, and after looking at their friends' myspace pages and so much crap that is posted there, I have to say, I hate myspace!

I used to have a facebook account, and I really liked it. Then someone who I knew in high school 20-something years ago found me on facebook, and my husband got jealous. Needless to say, I don't have a facebook anymore.

I love the Mom Bloggers group, and I enjoy Reader's Anonymous. I just joined the Stumbleupon community. So far I like it. It's fun to Stumble! I have an account at Technorati, but I'm not "into it." I haven't checked out Digg (probably won't) or Twitter (might or might not) yet, not to mention all the others like them. I don't like the competitive nature of some of the social networks, as some of you have already mentioned. I blog mostly for my personal enjoyment, so the ratings don't really mean anything to me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/22/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service