How many social communities (like Mom Bloggers Club) are you a part of? How many is too many?

I admit, I am involved in several. Well, not involved, but at least signed up with some sort of a profile. It never ends - I get an email asking me to join, I take a look and if it looks promising, I join. Then I find myself too busy to particpate, bored with what it is, or just plain forget I ever signed up. Then I ask myself - do I stay just for the exposure on the profile or delete my account? Thoughts anyone?

Tags: blogging, clubs, groups, networking, neworking, social

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm In Cre8buzz, which i like but as someone else said it's not quite as easy to use as this is and nowhere near as many features. It is however filled with very nice people, i just never get over there enough. Heck it took me almost a month to get involved here. I may be in other things but darned if i remember what they are.
I am really enjoying reading all these responses!

I have to agree with the person above who said myspace is the worst designed site. I used to have a myspace, but I teach junior high kids and have teenagers in my house, and after looking at their friends' myspace pages and so much crap that is posted there, I have to say, I hate myspace!

I used to have a facebook account, and I really liked it. Then someone who I knew in high school 20-something years ago found me on facebook, and my husband got jealous. Needless to say, I don't have a facebook anymore.

I love the Mom Bloggers group, and I enjoy Reader's Anonymous. I just joined the Stumbleupon community. So far I like it. It's fun to Stumble! I have an account at Technorati, but I'm not "into it." I haven't checked out Digg (probably won't) or Twitter (might or might not) yet, not to mention all the others like them. I don't like the competitive nature of some of the social networks, as some of you have already mentioned. I blog mostly for my personal enjoyment, so the ratings don't really mean anything to me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service