It's 9am here and I just changed from my pjs, and ran a brush through my hair (still looks ok) and I took a shower---yesterday (my legs are only sporting a slight bit of stubble).

I'm just wondering if my WAHM lifestyle needs an upgrade.

As a WAHM do you work in your pjs or do you get dressed for work?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I really do work in my PJs. After all the basic preliminary activity, the first thing I do is post my blog, which I've usually written the night before, so I'm almost always in my PJs. I'll answer a few emails, read some news, and a few blogs.

Then I get ready for my power walk and go to the gym, so changing is a requirement. Plus, I don't think I've ever gone a day without leaving the house for some reason, so the PJs are just a morning thing until I have to go out.

But, it's great to be able to get a few things done while still wearing them. Personally, I think it's a time saver.
Yep, most days I'm in my PJs 'til noon. The only reason I shower and get dressed at that time is to run any errands prior to school letting out. Otherwise, I would probably just take a bath before bed.
Depends. If I work at home - pj's definitely. If I have to go into the office - then I can get away with shorts and flipflops. So, a win-win, since I go into the office 2 or 3 times a week.
Yes, alot of my work is done while the kids are still groogy from waking up!
Depends, I used to always. But then my son started preschool and I had to take him to school every morning before 8 am and walk him to his classroom. I am not the type to go out in my PJs, so I got fully dressed most mornings even put on makeup, some mornings I skipped the makeup but made my hair presentable. Now that its summer I'll probably have more PJ days.
Sometimes. It all depends on what I am doing that day. I do wear the same clothes for several days (as long as they aren't gross) as does my work-at-home/school-at-home family. It has saved us tons on water, electricity, gas, plus wear-and-tear on clothes--and no one stinks. :)

Usually it is noon before I am actually fully functioning and have all the kids and self dressed.
I only work in my pjs when I work late at night, or early in the morning before 6am. As soon as I get up in the morning, I shower, get dressed, do a little bit of work while getting the kids dressed and breakfast, etc. Honestly, if I stay in my pj's, I'm not as productive and I am not as motivated to work as hard and as fast as I need to, nor am I as likely to get out the door quickly for work errands or last minute meetings when necessary, so I just can't work in my pj's during the day.
Totally work in my pjs. That's one of the things I love about working at home. I even have relatives buying me "classy" pjs because they know that's what I hang out in. And I have winter PJs and summer PJs. BUT, I make a real effort when it's time to walk out the door or if I'm expecting someone to come over.

BUT, my PJs really are my working clothes, and I generally put them back on after showers or excursions and such... but a clean set :) Don't live in the same clothes day after day.
I prefer to call mine lounge clothes and I can be found lounging in them way past 9 IF I don't have to run out anywhere.
I go through phases. For awhile I'll stay in PJ's and work all day but then I also go through phases where I feel like making myself presentable so I'll actually get dressed, do my hair & makeup. It just all really depends on what I feel like doing.
I usually get dressed for the day. I think it helps me be more productive - even if it's just jeans and a cute tee.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/24/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service