It's 9am here and I just changed from my pjs, and ran a brush through my hair (still looks ok) and I took a shower---yesterday (my legs are only sporting a slight bit of stubble).

I'm just wondering if my WAHM lifestyle needs an upgrade.

As a WAHM do you work in your pjs or do you get dressed for work?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I really do work in my PJs. After all the basic preliminary activity, the first thing I do is post my blog, which I've usually written the night before, so I'm almost always in my PJs. I'll answer a few emails, read some news, and a few blogs.

Then I get ready for my power walk and go to the gym, so changing is a requirement. Plus, I don't think I've ever gone a day without leaving the house for some reason, so the PJs are just a morning thing until I have to go out.

But, it's great to be able to get a few things done while still wearing them. Personally, I think it's a time saver.
Yep, most days I'm in my PJs 'til noon. The only reason I shower and get dressed at that time is to run any errands prior to school letting out. Otherwise, I would probably just take a bath before bed.
Depends. If I work at home - pj's definitely. If I have to go into the office - then I can get away with shorts and flipflops. So, a win-win, since I go into the office 2 or 3 times a week.
Yes, alot of my work is done while the kids are still groogy from waking up!
Depends, I used to always. But then my son started preschool and I had to take him to school every morning before 8 am and walk him to his classroom. I am not the type to go out in my PJs, so I got fully dressed most mornings even put on makeup, some mornings I skipped the makeup but made my hair presentable. Now that its summer I'll probably have more PJ days.
Sometimes. It all depends on what I am doing that day. I do wear the same clothes for several days (as long as they aren't gross) as does my work-at-home/school-at-home family. It has saved us tons on water, electricity, gas, plus wear-and-tear on clothes--and no one stinks. :)

Usually it is noon before I am actually fully functioning and have all the kids and self dressed.
I only work in my pjs when I work late at night, or early in the morning before 6am. As soon as I get up in the morning, I shower, get dressed, do a little bit of work while getting the kids dressed and breakfast, etc. Honestly, if I stay in my pj's, I'm not as productive and I am not as motivated to work as hard and as fast as I need to, nor am I as likely to get out the door quickly for work errands or last minute meetings when necessary, so I just can't work in my pj's during the day.
Totally work in my pjs. That's one of the things I love about working at home. I even have relatives buying me "classy" pjs because they know that's what I hang out in. And I have winter PJs and summer PJs. BUT, I make a real effort when it's time to walk out the door or if I'm expecting someone to come over.

BUT, my PJs really are my working clothes, and I generally put them back on after showers or excursions and such... but a clean set :) Don't live in the same clothes day after day.
I prefer to call mine lounge clothes and I can be found lounging in them way past 9 IF I don't have to run out anywhere.
I go through phases. For awhile I'll stay in PJ's and work all day but then I also go through phases where I feel like making myself presentable so I'll actually get dressed, do my hair & makeup. It just all really depends on what I feel like doing.
I usually get dressed for the day. I think it helps me be more productive - even if it's just jeans and a cute tee.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service