When you visit a fellow blogger and see that they have posted something that you totally disagree with, or find offensive, do you post a comment to them? Or do you blog on by?

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, since I could totally see myself as at some point being a potential offensive blogger (hehe) I would blog on by. I use my blog as my personal outlet. I don't censor myself, and I would never censor others.

Even some of my favorite blogs that I check on a daily basis post things I may not agree with, but I appreciate open speech, and find the differing viewpoints exciting to read.
I appreciate different points of view. Many are not my point of view. Most times I blog on by but once in a while I will add my thoughts.
If I chose to say something, I'd probably try really hard to be pleasant about it. But most of the time I'd probably blog on by...I just don't have that much time in my day! lol
I would respectfully offer my opinion for the purposes of having a discussion but I'd never bash a blogger on their own turf.
Interesting question. I just had that experience 2 minutes ago. I visited a blog post that talked about pushing a child a little too hard in an extracurricular activity. The child was probably 2! I thought about leaving a comment, but everything I thought to write felt too righteous. I ended up leaving the blog without leaving my 2 cents. I care too much about people's feelings, unfortunately.
I just blog on by. I think as readers, we don't always get the whole story, so things probably aren't as bad/offensive as we might think.
Blog on by, absolutely. My husband have been online since 1996 and learned after 6 months online in chat groups etc. that arguing online is a BAD choice. It never gets you anywhere. Now, if soeone is soliciting an opinion in a gentle way I have no problem supplying one, but if someone is just saying something I don't like I just walk away.
I usually just blog on by, unless I feel I have a real contribution to make in the discussion.
I would most likely blog on by. I have made comments when I disagreed, but I have always tried to be polite about it. Bashing a blogger on their turf is like someone coming into my home and dissing me. Not a happy thing.
Fab question! I put the question on mye...what if it's me posting something offensive or debatable? What would I appreciate? Blog on by if you have nothing nice to say...it is THEIR opinion after all, they arent' forcing anything on me and I have the ability to read or not so....
I try to just blog on by but there has been a few times I left comments. These are the times I let my anger get the best of me and my comments are more rude then making valid points. I have only done this about 3 times, I am convinced the writers were trying to get peoples goats-they won with me!
If I think about it and I feel the need I will come back and post, these are the times I make more valid points.
I have been known to rage on my keyboard a time or two, but I hope those days are behind me now :o) If I come upon something that ignites the passion to comment, I "walk away" and give myself some time to think it through. When I had just posted immediately, chock full of emotion and festered, the resulting comment relayed more of my emotion than my point.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service