Just curious how a semi-offensive parenting blog gets attention.

http://bestparentever.com

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with Jessica. I peeked in on that blog and it is incredibly socially/politically incorrect but I do think that a lot of us think this stuff and I think that there is also a kind of tongue-in-cheek attitude that makes it a little easier to take.
Wow, truly amazed at that blog:( Even if some of us might think those things, and not saying that I do, I still don't think it's appropriate:( Big thumbs down for this blog!!!
Willow and Jessica hit the spot. Let's face it, the majority, not all, but the majority of people that read blogs will read it for the pure tongue-in-cheek it gives. How do we know the people behind the blog are really that way? They could be doing it for the sole purpose of shock value. Lot's of people do it, it is what catches attention - whether good or bad attention - it is still attention.

Now, I read it to see what was up, but will I read it again? No. Not interested. I live in the real world and realize that all parents have flaws. No one is perfect. I think that is what makes a parent perfect - their flaws and their ability to show them proudly.
wow that is horribly offensive! Tongue and cheek or not it is not appropriate or not and I must not be the norm cause the posts I was reading........ I do not think like that! But then again I don't get how tabloid magazines get so much attention either!
I would guess for the same reason people read every scandal drenched detail about Amy Winehouse or Britney Spears.

Plus, I agree, I think it's tongue and cheek humor, and it's their blog, I think they can write whatever they want. Will I read it, no. Not because it is disgusting and in bad taste (which it is), but because I think it is just another take on the same old humor you see on sites like Stuff White People Like, and I prefer originality.

Plus, when links like this are reposted, just like how it is now, it' spreads the word even more, so they are using their shock value for readership...and sometimes it works.
Wow, that looks and sounds exactly like Stuffwhitepeoplelike.com. That's how you do it. You rip off a successful person's concept! Easy peasy.
I do see how some would find it offensive. I have a weird sense of humor so to me I don't take offense to anything that I have seen on the blog, well there was one entry that grossed me out but aside from that one. I take it all with the whole tongue-in-cheek perspective and find it humorous.
I've never seen that blog before. Just wondering how you happened upon it? Whatever made you find it, must be working on other readers as well.
Ladies Kimmy didn' t happen upon this site- nor is she offended by it because it is her blog. Nice try Kimmy! You are funny, by stated before. ripping off others ideas- but I don't care. My kids know sign language, I buy $40 balls, breastfeed like crazy, talk endlessly about my kids, and eat placenta lasagna and it is YUMMY! I am the BEST PARENT EVER AND PROUD OF IT!
I guess everyone's humor is different.

I think it fun to laugh at myself. And, I think from the glance I took that is exactly what it's doing.

Despite what anyone says there are mom's who think what they are doing or did is the best and they feel the need to tell everyone. And, honestly don't we all think what we are doing for our children is the best? And don't we all brag about it at one point or another? Some times to the point of OFFENDING others? Seems this blog is just pointing out how EXTREMELY annoying it is to have someone in your face about the choices you so wisely make as a mother.

If we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/17/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

12 Days of Christmas Super Sale

Not a member?  Sign up here for your Free
Healthy Home Company Membership
https://mombloggersgiftmembership.com

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

The more moms who are a part of Mom Bloggers for Social Good, the more good we can do through our blogs and social media. Please join us!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service