I notice a lot of mom bloggers have a separate review blog to review products and such. I want to start one but where do I begin? How do I get products to review? Etc?? Do I need a new url or can I use my url.com/review ??? Help!

Tags: blog, bloggers, mom, products, review

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you ever figure this out? You should be able to use /review.
I'm thinking of starting one too but am worried about time constraints. I don't think there is anything wrong with having /review - with a prominent link from your main blog. As far as how to get products to review, let me know if you figure it out :) I do know that many start ups review products they currently use and like for free just to have something to post - that's an option too.
One of the main reasons bloggers choose to use a seperate blog for reviews, is that they get sooo many that it would over-take their other blog. Once you get going, you'll start receiving tons of offers!

I wish I could tell you on how to start but I have advertisers contacting me. I can tell you this....start with reviewing products you have used in the past and go from there.
BlogHer Ad Network has some restrictions on accepting products and doing giveaways, which is why I started my Review Blog. Just start reviewing products, and I bet you'll get companies contact you.
I have started a review blog it is an extension of my personal blog and is located at http://lifefrommylaptop.com/reviews so that I cna still have blogher ads on my site.
A good way to start a review blog is to review products you already use - good and bad. Once you get some decent traffic and companies see your writing style, you'll start to get offers. Until then, you can check out my recent post on sites that work with reviewers. Good luck!

Product Reviews Anyone?

Aloha ~ Kailani
When I started my review blog Hip Mama's Place, I wrote reviews of things that I have already used.

You can also start writing to businesses when you already have enough postings and basically offer to review their products. Later on when your blog has gained credibility and popularity, you don't even have to ask for products to review anymore. They'll just come to you! :)

I do have a personal blog and one of the reasons why I created a separate blog for my product reviews is that I wanted to make my review blog to be more than just a blog. I wanted it to be more of a mom community type of blog.

Hope that helps.
I started mine. I have been getting emails, people send me free products and blog tours. I am on a few review teams. Right now I am posting on my regular site till my review page have a few more reviews on it! Good Luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service