If so, what was the occasion? Was the prize purchased by you or was it donated for promotional purposes?

If you haven't, would you like to?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes i have and it was a very good thing for my traffic. Last year around "back to school" time I contacted the ladies at Momagenda about offering one of their planners in a contest they agreed, I held the contest and I got tons of traffic. Since then I don't guess I've done many or at least nothing as big. I'd love to make this a part of my newest venture though, the Review site, http://lifefrommylaptop.com/reviews. I think it'd be neat to review something and then give one away.
I really want to do something like that, but other my homemade items I really don't have anything to offer!
Yes. I knew I wanted to but also knew I had to ask, which is hard. I picked something that I loved and emailed the peeps, BNL record company. I stated my case why it would be good for them and myself. I gave in detail how the contest was going to be run and a guarantee link on my post as long as the contest ran. Then I followed up 2x's I was persistent and it worked. I think giveaways offer more then just a sidebar ad it more upfront so making that case helped.
Funny that you asked this question I actually have a poll up on my blog asking about contests. I want to do a contest but am only offering some "gently" used books of mine. I will pay shipping. I wasn't sure how it would be received. I put up a poll to see what others thought. Still not sure if I will do it or not.
The occasion...I have/had a children's book collection that was out of control and decided that since my kids are getting older it was time to get rid of them. I wound up with more to get rid of than I could post on freecycle, or garage sale so I thought I would share the love with my bloggy friends!
I do weekly giveaways of mom and baby products on my review site: Hip Mama's Place.

It's been really fun so far and has helped with a lot of traffic for my blog as well. :)
I am working on this...I have heard great things about contests...
I have never done any contests on any of my blogs. I am definitely thinking about doing one on at least two of my blogs. Of course I would love if the product were donated for the contest, but I know that not everyone wants to donate items, so I may need to breakdown and just by the items I would like.
I never have offered a contest but I often think about giving away gift cards (no big shipping and handling costs!) And it would definitely be a 'leave a comment as entry' type of contest. I can't stand contests that make you jump through hoops to enter.
I have had so many contests that I can't even keep count. From stand mixers to cash, I've offered it all.

95% of my prizes are sponsored. I've only put up $100 bucks one time a long time ago. I do giveaways for various reasons but mostly to reward my readers--just a way of saying thank you.
I have one up right now - it's mostly handmade items that were donated by the artisans. They are hoping to get some exposure by giving the items and I sure hope that they do!
I will probably do this at some point, but only if I find something to die for, and want to spread the love to my readers.
I tend to donate prizes but am yet to to do a competition of my own. Hmmm, perhaps I should take the plunge!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service