Do you print out your blog posts as hard copy and keep them?

Since I put quite a bit of effort into my blog and treat it almost like a book-in-progress -- and since self-publishing makes me productive --- I print out my blog posts, three-hole-punch them, and keep them in a binder. That way I've also got something to show the grandkids :D someday, when perhaps the internet has changed beyond recognition and they want to see what it looked like way back when.

Tags: blogging, memories, writing

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's actually a good idea. I don't print them but I do often dowload a backup of my posts since I have a habit of deleting my databases by mistake and then having to reinstall everything.,
I think that's a great idea, however, writing over a thousand posts would call for too many binders that would end up in storage;)

I do print out other blogger's articles for future reference though!
No, I don't print them out. My husband is very anti-paper. But he does back up our server and whatever else needs to be backed up.

I find that it is even fun to go back myself and see what I have written in years past. I did print out the blog posts from our honeymoon in Italy five years ago and I scrapbooked them in my honeymoon album.
Never done this but I have thought of commemorating my blog one day by getting one of those books printed where they take your blog and print a hard bound book.
I don't print out my posts, but I backup my blogs just in case. I also save copies of my posts to another portable drive - another just in case. Now, I do have some posts I have printed - like when my daughter had her "stern" talk with me and when my son melted the mac n cheese in the microwave - the funny posts that I want my kids to read when they are older. Those are keepers!
I don't print them out but I do plan on turning it into a book as a family keepsake one day. I probably need to start now going through my posts picking out what's book worthy and what's not.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service