The Social Network That Gives My Blog the Most Traffic Is...

- Facebook
-MySpace
-Twitter
-Plurk
-StumbleUpon
-others?

Which social network drives the most traffic your way?

Views: 836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you have to be on twitter a lot. i go through my periods of tweeting and then go silent. I try to use hootsuite to schedule posts or giveaways over a few days. But twitter is really timeconsuming.
I'm still figuring this out...I have Twitter, a Facebook Fanpage, a blog, SU, Delicious but so far in the past days since I have signed up here I have had more blog followers who actually read my blog and not just follow for "numbers". I also have to say that I found MBC through Twitter, although I cannot remember which person. I have taken part in blog & twitter hops but I don't find that many of the people who start following this way actually read my blog or are interested in my posts...I would like to figure out a better way to get true followers not just numbers.

Btw, I'm new here so I'm still finding my way around here too. :)
Hi cindy!

Twitter is a social networking site where they limit the number of letters you can put in your discussion. You can have "friends" and join other people's sites with the opportunity to send their information to the people who follow you, which is called "retweeting".

You can choose a template background created by Twitter or make your own custom background.

If people find your information interesting, they "retweet" or send your information to everyone on their friend list, which can make your information go viral and go out to literally hundreds or thousands of people.

If you use http://bit.ly/ to shorten the URL address to the pages your want your followers to see, it makes them shorter so you can use more letters in your message, and bit.ly will also tell you how many people have clicked on your message.

To check out my Twitter page as an example, go to http://twitter.com/Cassiopeiachats

To sign up for a free account, go to http://www.twitter.com

Cindi ~ Moomettesgram said:
Will someone please explain (in depth) to Grandma here, what Twitter is and what to do with it? Do I put it on my blog? How do you Twitter?
TIA
I would have to say Twitter brings the main thrust of my Wordpress blog traffic (my blogger blog is a start-up in training) followed by a bunch of other sites; networked blogs on facebook, linkedin, stumbleupon not so much, and then a bunch of online communities I have joined. I try to look for relevant sites with directories to add my blog. It is not so definitive as each site needs attention and nurturing. If I don't visit the sites and stay engaged then the traffic drops off. It's all work... LOL!
For those who want a basic intro to twitter, Peter Cashmore of Mashable blog fame (A Twitter top 100) gives a fine and easy introduction to the question: What is Twitter? Essentially an online form of quick communication using a max of 140 characters.
Hi, first post in forum...

I have to say twitter does very well in bringing traffic, is it any good though?...maybe is too early for me to tell.
I have also joined stumbleupon and yet to have a page reviewed * fingers crossed*
I mainly use twitter and have signed up for stumbleupon but not really sure I am using it correctly.
I honestly don't really get Stumble Upon. Someone has to stumble you, right? Do you just add a button to your blog and they stumble you or do you need to do something on the other end? I put Kirtsy up on my blog, but I don't think it's done anything for me yet. I may not fully get that one either. Most of my visitors come from referring links. I'm starting to get better at Twitter and have found a few friends through there as well.
Hi Lori,

How do you avoid being viewed as a spammer.

I post a lot of articles in a day and they started to look at me as a spammer.

A Cowboy's Wife (Lori) said:
I would have to say that Stumbleupon brings me hundreds of visitors daily with Twitter coming in second and Kirtsy coming in third.

I've never experimented with Facebook, don't like Plurk, and don't even know what Mebo is:/
Facebook! I have never heard of Plurk and would love to know how to use Stumbleupon to drive more traffic to it.
I have my blog linked to my Facebook, Twitter, on my email signature, and my messanger status. I use network blog on FB which means my postings are showing up and giving the option for the full read if they click to go to my blogger account. I had thought about switching to WordPress but I am satisfied with Blogger at this point in time.
I must be doing something wrong with Twitter because no one clicks on my blog links from there at all. Most of my traffic is from Facebook and my Facebook fan page has been great so far.
I would say Twitter followed by Facebook send me the most traffic but the majority of my traffic comes from forums I post in. My blog is a bit different though since it focuses on legitimate work from home jobs. I post when I have new jobs in the work from home forums I visit and get tons of visitors from there because it is basically forums full of women looking for work from home so it is very targeted traffic.
I am obviously not using stumble upon right though based on some of the postings here. Will have to check in to that.
Alaina
www.telecommutingmommies.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/22/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service