The Social Network That Gives My Blog the Most Traffic Is...

- Facebook
-MySpace
-Twitter
-Plurk
-StumbleUpon
-others?

Which social network drives the most traffic your way?

Views: 832

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mine has been Twitter and Facebook. Really need to try StumbleUpon and Entrecard though!
Stumble your own posts when you write them. :)
I would have to say plain old Google searches still get the most, with Twitter being next. When I write something really, really techy that I know others will probably want to know, I stumble it myself and that usually brings on a ton of hits.

One thing I noticed that is strange though is that my traffic counter never shows the right # of posts that come from SU, so I'm not really sure about that.
I would say the most traffic comes from Newspaper links from my column.
Genma Holmes
www.genmaspeaks.com
It's weird.... I don't have a blog or personal twitter account but am an administrator for my "work" twitter account and use twitter to promote two business's as a side business.
I have conflicting thoughts on promoting my blog via twitter... I'm an individual not a business.
Splain it to me so I can toss away my qualms about Twitter...
I would say twitter. As soon as I post something, my reders are notified and they can see it. my twitter name is http://twitter.com/beautylogicblog for anyone that wants to follow.
I just started Twitter and Facebook so I don't think that I can fairly assess those. Stumbleupon can bring HUGE traffic when it is done right. Anybody need a post stumbled?!
With Twitter, I feel I get a lot of followers, but not quite sure if it benefits me at all. Maybe I'm not utilizing this channel the way I should be. Can you please share with me how you use Twitter. Can you email all your followers at once??

http://www.boutiqueonfeet.blogspot.com/
Cindi
Twitter is like sending a text message to the mass members that follows you. My twitter for my blog is not set up to a cell phone (it's too 'noisy') but my personal one is. In the blogging community it is a great way so search for giveaways or for a topic. I have gotten maybe 1/4 of my readers through word of mouth through twitter.
Hope that helps
I use just about everything. LOL no really, you guys introduced me to some new ones today and now I have added those. I have the feature that links my blogs feed to my Facebook and I think I get some readers but I dont push it since my facebook is where my friends are. I have a Facebook Fan page and I dont think it generates much of anything. I use Twitter and it has given me about 1/4 of my readers but twitter is noisy with all the giveaways. I need to figure out how to get it all listed so I dont get such a headache from it. I also use Link Referral but unlike other members, I am only seeing a couple of hits here and there but I dont work it either. I just signed up for Stumble Upon and with all the instructions, I think I still did it wrong. Oops. Isnt there a way to auto feed your blog? LOL
My blog is a food blog so I get a lot of traffic from Foodbuzz but I put the work in linking each blog post and sending it out to my twitter and all the friends on Foodbuzz.
If you are interested in following me on twitter http://twitter.com/shamrocknshen
And if you would like to check out my blog http://shamrockandshenanigans.blogspot.com/
If you follow my blog, make sure you let me know MBC is where you found me. I always follow back but its good to know where the traffic comes from.
I didn't like Twitter when I was first introduced to it, mainly because it was unfamiliar ground. However, now that I know the basic how-tos, I love it!
As a newbie, thanks to all of the comments left here. I just pulled up stumbleupon and linkreferral a few days ago and am now receiving a few new 'views' a day. It will be interesting to see if anybody does anything besides view and move on. Keep up the great conversation!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service