So, Wizard Dumbledore (he's a Harry Potter character, if you didn't know) is gay. What do you think?

- Knew it all along.
- Damn, I knew I shouldn't have bought those books!
-What's the big deal, people?

Tags: du, jour, sizzlin', topic

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the reasons we like the Harry Potter books is that it appeals to the whole family. My 10 year old son is an avid reader and has read every book.

I am not sure what purpose it serves by "outing" poor Dumbledore posthumously. Not nessesarily a big deal. The religious right is already against the books because of the witchcraft. We had a babysitter who would not let the boys watch any Harry Potter movies when she was at our house because it conflicted with her Christian beliefs. My boys have an Aunt that is "married" to another woman, so they have some idea what " Gay" means. I just don't think my boys ( ages 6, 9 & 10 ) need to deal with the concept of sexuality for another couple of years.

To paraphase from T.R. Knight ( from Grey's Anatomy ) after he was outed, I hope that Dumbledore being gay is not the most interesting thing about him.
My daughter, who is 9, absolutely loves Harry Potter as well. I like the movies. I haven't read any of the books. My husband and I decided not to tell her about Dumbledore. We think she's too young to have to even think about him in that way.
The question was posed to Rowling something like this:

Q. Will Dumbledore ever find true love?

A. Dumbledore is gay.

The real question is: what does being gay have to do with finding true love?

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2196020,00.html
I honestly think revealing that Dumbledore is gay was pretty worthless. It had pretty much nothing to do with the storyline through all the books and to reveal it after you're finished with the series and you've offed him?? That's just stupid.

Personally I could care less if he's straight, gay, bi, or is a eunich.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service