I've gone back and forth on whether to have three columns for my blog. Do you have opinions on columns? Did you decide on three, and why? Do you have a reaction to blogs with three columns - too busy, or nice to have the information near the top?

You don't have to look at my blog to comment, I'm speaking generally, but if you'd like to, I'm at Lit and Laundry.

I'm interested in looking at your 2 or 3 column blog as an example. Thanks!

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am really enjoying looking at these different layouts. Thanks everyone for replying -- keep them coming!
I tried to go with two, but had too much crapola I wanted to put in the sidebars. I just updated my blog with a new wordpress theme, and I love it. It's got an offset skinny little middle column, so I always have one featured post center stage at the top, and then it devolves into the normal chaos from there.

Snippets and Blabbery
I'm in the process of changing my blog from 2 to 3 columns, yeah!!! I prefer not having to scroll all the way down to see what's in the sidebar, plus it gives you more room to add more things.

I can't wait until it's finished!!
I'm a 2 column kinda gal. I think there are pros and cons to both. 3 columns look cluttered to me, but it is obviously difficult to fit everything in 2 columns.

I am up for a site redesign soon and I plan to have 2 columns but multiple pages on 1 website. So I'm hoping to diversify my sidebar content that way and have it be even more uncluttered and pleasing to the eye.

Just my preference.

Sarah
Going Bananas Blog
Eeks. I'm going out on a limb here and saying FOUR column. I have this OCD thing with respect to my blog. Everything needs to be nice and tidy. You can check it out at: SAHM Ramblings if you want to see what a 4-column looks like.

Although I've been a bit busy lately and haven't been keeping up, I typically try to keep like items together - like badges, links or advertisers. I recently cleaned house and removed a bunch of personality badges (you know the one that says how many of something you knew or what type of martini you are). I also removed a bunch of advertisements because I was trying to figure out what was slowing my blog down. When I have some time, I'll put it all back together the way I really want it.

The only problem I have with the four column blog is that you lose space for your actual posts. But I think it looks clean and it's different from most. I like that.

I got mine from Final Sense, but if you're looking for some variety, check out Blogger Buster.
I have one of each. My business site is on a two-column and my personal is on a three.

Like most of the other commenters, I like having every thing up top, especially on a personal blog. Just my preference though.

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service