I need help!!!!

I am a newbie blogger and I was wondering which blog (Blogger, TypePad, Wordpress) you all think is a better one. I realize that this is a preference related question but I ask because I am spending money at TypePad and I want to be sure I am doing the right thing.

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated :-)

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've only used Wordpress before so I can't compare but I can tell you this....I wouldn't ever switch to anything else!
I've never used typepad but I do love self hosted wordpress and blogger is great for newbies.
I'm on blogger and I've found it quite flexible - there is so much you can do with templates etc. Eventually I will upgrade to self hosted wordpress but for now I'm a blogger fan!

Heather of Maternal Spark
I started off with Blogger and even though I contribute to a blog in Wordpress I much prefer Blogger. I think its just what you get used to.
Jennifer,
I really like Blogger. It's absolutely free... so it's great for bloggers just getting started that don't want to make a big investment. I've played with Wordpress as well and didn't find it as user friendly. If you know anything about css, Blogger is great because it allows you to modfiy the css for free.

Good Luck!

~The Baby Mama
I'm a blogger fan too! However, I've seen the best blogs out there are more due to the content than the blogging platform, so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.
I only use WP but I know a lot of html and php. It is harder to manipulate, but once you get the hang of it there is more you can do with it.
Another vote for blogger here. I chose it because there was no fee and it seemed like most of the blogs I read used it. After almost a year, I haven't had any complaints.
I'm with Blogger and I'm very happy. It's free and might not offer all the bells and whistles of TypePad, but over the last few years I've had no cause for complaints. You can tweak the layout to your heart's content and there are a ton of hack sites to help you if you aren't a techy pro. (Like me!)

Good luck with the new blog!

Jessica
It's my life...
The Lemonade Stand.
Thank you all for your thoughts on this. I appreciate all the help :-)
Being the owner of both, I wish there was a way I could use a little from Blogger and a little from WP. I love that you can have pages at WP but you can't design your own template.

Blogger you can make it look spiffy =) along with custom headers and all that. TypePad isn't free, so for just starting out, I would suggest Blogger. Even with being able to customize, it's so user friendly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service