I now own www.maternalspark.com! Yay! Somehow, I feel like this validates things and makes me a 'real' blogger ;)

So what are my next steps? I've set up forwarding so it will point to blogspot for now but eventually I'll be moving to wordpress. What implications will this have? Will all my existing links go dead? I'd hate to loose my google rating (4) because of this.

I'd love to hear from others who did the same thing and how they did it!

Tags: Maternal, Spark

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that's a big step! i bought mine a month or so ago, and i've never looked back. i read a lot and figured everything out myself (with a little help from my blogger buddies like Kim). i never set up forwarding because my old URL at wordpress was still relatively new when i bought wemakethree.com btw, i did import all of my old stuff from my very first blog at blogger. it worked pretty smoothly!

sorry, i'm not much help on ranking. all of my headway has been made with my new addy. but i'll support you at your new home!
I would say go for it...move to WP that is...contact me I can help!!
you wont lose anything that you have inside of a post. it copies your posts words, links, images and all. but you'll hve to rewrite your sidebars and stuff!

congrats! wordpress is so awesome!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service