What do you use to find out how many people are reading your blog (other than comments)? Where they came, from etc?

Mahalo!
Sarah

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a widget called...shoot, going to look.

Feedjit. That's it LOL Having a lack of coffee moment there. Anyways, it gives me an idea on where people are coming from, how they got there and where they went from my blog. You can watch it in real time too. Kind of neat but I think I'm OCD like that. =)

You can find the link on my blog Diapers to Dating

~Lisa
statcounter.com the love of my life!
I use statcounter.com as well. It's one of the best out there.

Here are a few others you might consider:

Google Analytics
Sitemeter
Hitslink
Statcounter. I think its the best free one out there.
I use sitemeter. It's free and has a widget that you put on your desktop that shows how many visits you're getting a day. Pretty cool.
Mahalo ladies!

For all of these do I have to put in where my html is in settings on blogger? Or is it something I can put in my side bar? I don't want to mess up my html settings. BUT, I don't want everyone seeing it, just me. So I don't think the Feedjit is right for me.

Going to look...I am sure the answers are on the web sites you gals gave me.

Nevermind - I did google analytics since I use that for my other site - (my web lady set it up on that one for me so I wasn't sure how to do it). It was easy! yay!
Thank you! Sarah
Why do you gals like statcounter? I added a few days ago and can't say I really like it but I totally could be missing something. The main thing I don't like is how it counts my clicks though I know I need to look at unique visitors. What else should I be looking for?
Use Google Analytics. It doesn't matter if your blog isn't on Blogger. Sign up for a Google Account (you don't need a g-mail address, I use my yahoo e-mail account). From there, you can get Google Analytics. It will generate code that you put in the header of your blog. Nobody can see the code, but this allows the program to track how many people are coming to your site, and where they are coming from.

A couple things to note:
1. It won't give you any information from before you entered the code. So, the sooner you get this set up, the sooner you'll be tracking.
2. If you ever mess with your header, you want to make sure the code stays there - remove the code, and the tracking stops.

Blog Top sites also has code you can put in your site, and they'll let you see how popular your blog is. Their code isn't entirely invisible (it shows a small version of their logo, and your current "rank" within your blog niche), and it doesn't tell you what days and where the traffic comes from.

There are others out there, some that give you even more detailed information (like what people click on within your blog), but I so far I like Google Analytics.

If you need help, I'm happy to lend a hand!

Carolina
http://expectmoore.blogspot.com
Hiya, Sarah! It's nice to see a familiar face over here. (I'm @MoonshadowFarm on Twitter, @AndyFogarty's wife)

I use Google Analytics. I do have a habit of staying up till midnight just to look at the day's stats.
Not that I would get in bed before midnight, anyway...

But I should.

www.barnmama.com
I use both statcounter or google analytics or both although I prefer the first.

Courtney you can set statcounter to exclude your visits.
Hi Lisa!
This thread was from almost two years ago! :)

I like both statcounter and google analytics. Although statcounter more. It's easier to look at. You can also make it so it doesn't count your own IP address, fyi.

Happy blogging ladies!
Sarah, The Ohana Mama
http://www.TheOhanaMama.com

Barn Mama said:
Hiya, Sarah! It's nice to see a familiar face over here. (I'm @MoonshadowFarm on Twitter, @AndyFogarty's wife)

I use Google Analytics. I do have a habit of staying up till midnight just to look at the day's stats.
Not that I would get in bed before midnight, anyway...

But I should.

www.barnmama.com
Thanks - going to look at it now...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service