I just picked the first name that came into my head when I started my blog a couple of months ago, but now as I am listing it on various sites it seems a little generic to me, even if it is accurate, lol... I figured if I'm going to change it I should do it sooner rather than later, but I can't think of anything else.

The name is "Everyday Adventures & Random Thoughts" and is primarily about my 3 boys, twins and a singleton. Also about autism awareness since my boys are each on the spectrum.

What do you think, should I change it? If so, any suggestions?

Tags: blog, change, name, title

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it up to you but I sometimes go to a blog based on the name and then the content is not interesting to me. I think it is more about what you write about than a fancy name. My honest opinion is to do what is best for you.

Good luck!
You should be comfortable with your name, and I agree, change it sooner rather than later if you are going to. Names can sometimes pigeon hold you into a certain genre, like mine, for instance, people assume it is strictly a foodie blog, but it is far from it...I mostly just do random humorous life posts...and eat a lot...see how that all ties in:) Honestly, I am already branded in my name, so I am embracing it. You could always just do the same:)
I have been through this! I think you should go with what ever makes you happy. I decided to stay with my original name. I hope this help a little. :)
Personally, the name is fine to me. But since you're having doubts and it's still early in the game, go ahead and change it. Do some brainstorming and I'm sure something will jump out at you.
Name does make a big difference, you only have a few seconds to draw someone in and you want something that will catch there eye and will remember. I would do what you would really like, but the phrase "Random Thoughts" is very, very common for blogs. Try to think of something unique just to you.
I changed mine early in -- it was "Just An Ordinary Girl" and then I thought of "Apron Strings and Angst" which really seemed to fit since my boys are teens and I'm being forced, ready or not, to start cutting the apron strings and that's causing me some angst! Enough people had started reading under the Just An Ordinary Girl domain that I just repointed that domain to the new one.
Thanks for your replies! I decided to put a poll up on my blog with some different options, if you have a minute, pls check it out and vote... thanks again!

http://3runningincircles.blogspot.com

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service