I think there was a post a couple of days ago about the importance of adding images to blog posts. I couldn't find that message so I'm not sure if it included suggestions as to where to get images. My default is to use Google images but I worry about copyright restrictions, etc. I don't really want to pay a bundle for stock photography. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Tags: google, images

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can get free photos and clipart from Microsoft at
http://dgl.microsoft.com

If you also buy very inexpensive photos at istock, BigStock, and Fotolia. Usually you pay $10 and you are able to download 10 photos. At istock, it's $13 for 10 photos. I've found that it's worth the cost to spruce up my blog posts and web sites.
Getty Images is another one that is royalty free. All you have to do is sign up.

Acclaim Images is another one that I use. When I do mock up invitations and announcements I get all my images (if I don't use my own kids) here.
Hmm, I've never heard of Acclaim. I'll be sure to check them out. I only use Getty's for special occasions because they can be rather pricey. They have the BEST photos though. Love them!
Wikimedia Commons has a collection of freely useable media files. They are part of Wikipedia. Check them out at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page.
I've been using Zemanta

It analyzes your text and provides links, free use pictures and supporting articles (a lot of the info is from wikipedia)

So far, I like it - sometimes it slows my blogging window ( a bit of cursor lag) but most times it is alright. You still have to pick and choose the info it gives you as some of it is irrelevant. Anyway, i think it makes things easier. check it out.
Thanks everyone - great suggestions!!
I use www.fotosearch.com they have great photo's that always show what my post is about. I get a lot of comments about the pictures I use. They are free to use which is the best part.
Creative commons
This is the site I have bookmarked:http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/by-2.0/ you can find wonderful photos, all for free and even use them commercially if you'd like, you only need to include a link. Flickr is the best source for free photos really IMO, they have various licenses, just check which one suits you best.
If you use wordpress there is a plugin in for flickr photos that you can use.
I sometimes use my own, or take from Stockxchange or Creative cOmmons in Flickr. If you do use other's photo you would have to acknowledge the source of where it comes from in a byline.
This is a great question that I've been wondering about myself lately. Super replies as well. I'll definiltely be checking out some of the free image libraries.
I totally agree with Linda. I get almost all of my photos from Flickr/Creative Commons. I always give credit to the photographer. I visited a blog where the blogger didn't give credit, even though I knew the photo had been from Flickr. I really hate that. Give credit where credit is due................:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service