Once you visit a blog (or even before if the name is un-interesting), what makes you pack up and leave?

Music playing?
Design?
Clutter?
Too much text?
Too many photos?
Not enough text or photos?
High number of comments?

I'm full of it tonight (questions that is! LOL)

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't stand music playing...cuz it boggs down my computer!

I'm pretty much okay with the rest of your list though. There isn't too much to make me not want to go to a blog, other than the music.
For me it's too many advertisements with pop-ups and stuff. I don't mind a few here and there but when they pop up and are in your face it gets a little annoying for me...although I have to admit I haven't seen many that have too many advertisements, but there were a few
Boring name and boring posts. I also hate sites with a million blinkies, especially if their content sucks, and all they post about is wanting more traffic or trying to make money online. I am all about content.
Music drives me crazy. Especially when it starts automatically.
I like organized blogs where the text doesn't over lap. I just left a blog recently because the hyperlinks were overlapping the text and it was too hard to read. I LOVE a playlist as long as it doesn't autostart. I enjoy listening to music as long as I can turn it on and off.
I don't like a lot of clutter. Too much clutter makes blogs look bad and it takes forever for pages to load. Plus, too much clutter makes the blog harder to read and find things.
Music
Too many photos
Too many adverts

My download speed is slow and costly and these things slow everything right down. So I often won't revisit even if the content is interesting.
I get bored very easily, sad huh? lol If a post takes up the whole pages, I tend to move on. Autopayers drive me crazy, if I wanted to hear your songs, I'll click play.

I understand that we get paid for the ads but I don't like it when they look like an infoblog (infomercial of blogs). Takes away from the content.

The design, well that's really their own preference but busy blogs are sometimes an eye sore.
I usually have my volume turned off, so I don't ever hear the music even if it is on.

What I hate most is long loading times. I just click out. I'm impatient, and usually won't wait for a blog with a long loading time to show up.

Pop ups are kind of annoying too.
I can't stand music on blogs. Design and clutter I can overlook if the content is great. Too much text turns me off a bit because my time is limited and my attention span is short so, I don't want to feel like I'll need to invest an hour to read something.

Most other things are minor - and if the content is amazing, I don't even notice.

Heather of Maternal Spark
oh boy a lot of folks don't like music. I keep my volume down so it doesn't bother me. I have a short attention span so I like shorter posts. I understand that sometimes they need to be longer. I will say I think your blog is a part of you and just because it isn't appealing to some doesn't mean others won't like it.
Music. I am supposed to read the post but I don't think I can with the music playing.

Ads. Cluttered ads.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/30/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service