What would you differently if you could start your blog all over again?

- register a domain name?
- hire a designer?
- not blog about my family?

What would you do differently?

Views: 500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I had a do-over, I would have registered a domain name, started with my current niche rather than being so random, and started adding my cartoons right off the bat. Maybe a different blog name - dunno.

Good question!
1) Choose a different blog name. I chose The Creative Junkie because at the time, I thought it would be a compliment to my custom design business. But then I closed up shop and decided just to blog about real life instead. I had already registered the domain name and had a couple of readers so I figured I should just keep the name as is, to avoid any confusion. I had several other blog names in mind, one of which I just loved, but oh well ... maybe another time.

2) I would have gone with a different design.

Andrea
The Creative Junkie
http://www.thecreativejunkie.com
This really surprised me, because I have been hearing a lot about how much better Wordpress is. So you moved from WP to Blogger? was it because of the customization?
I'd add tags to the post. I didn't decide to use tags until I had been blogging for over 2 years. I'd probably go with self hosted word press too. I'm happy with blogger but I can see someday switching and I am not looking forward to it
So far, I'm pretty happy with what I've been doing and the direction my blog is going in. I don't think I'd really change much of anything.

Nancy
http://ifevolutionworks.com
So far, I'm happy with my blog. I am still new and still learning. It's a lot to take in. I may not have told some of my family members about it or daycare parents (I'm a childcare provider) so that I could feel free to discuss them. LOL
I would keep it private so that family and people close to me didn't know it was me.
Don't think that I would change a thing so far, I have only been blogging for a few months so all good so far.
I have lots of ideas but keep telling myself that people won't want to read it. I should however just write it and see, people don't have to read it if they don't want to I suppose. :)
I would definitely have registered a domain name. I would have explored ways of marketing myself to become a reviewer a little more. And I would have left out more personal posts - actually since my blog has gotten more traffic I've gone back and removed a few posts from over a year ago.
I would NEVER have told my MIL about my blog. If she weren't reading, oh the stories I could tell!!
I still plan to register a domain - as soon as I figure one out that I want to use. Until then, I'm happy as I am. I do this more for me and a few select friends/followers. If I finally get into the realm of having a domain, then I'll get serious about the template and making some major changes about how my blog is powered - possibly leave blogspot? Hard call.
I keep thinking more exciting titles than JDaniel4's Mom. I am still learning too much to realize that I should change things.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service