What would you differently if you could start your blog all over again?

- register a domain name?
- hire a designer?
- not blog about my family?

What would you do differently?

Views: 511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wouldn't start over, but I would start a new one. The next one would be creative stories that I have written, or snippets of a book I have started.
I wish I had hired someone to help me design it and wish I had started w/ a 3 column. Jen was kind to give me directions on how to do it. I am too scared I will really mess it up. I am not a real tech person. :)
I would have gone with a self hosted word press site. I went with Go Daddy's blogcast and it's really limiting as far as layout. Other than that I wouldn't do anything differently.
My url would match my blog name. Actually I am currently moving my blog (http://theglamorouslifeblog.blogspot.com) to wordpress. BUT since The Glamorous Life.com was already taken I went with marcywrites.com....which is SO much easier for people to remember and easier for me to even say! But that means it won't match my blog name. BUMMER. I have learned this is a big no no....and a bad move on my part.......

And not much else would change actually. Yes I would blog about my kids and show pictures, yes I would tell my family and friends and yes, I would use my real name......I have strong opinions on all. Feel free to e-mail me (through my blog if you wish) and I would be happy to chat with any newbies out there!
avoid cliques and inner circles, and thus a lot of blog drama.
Be more focused, less random.
I think I would try to come up with a more creative name/blog title. I mean, 'Mom of 3 Girls' is certainly descriptive, but not exactly exciting. I also wonder if I should have used pseudonyms for the kids, but after so long now there doesn't seem to be much point.
CurlySue said:
If I was starting over, I would have been more intentional about frequently blogging AND the content of the posts. My early posts were just completely random and very infrequent; I would go MONTHS without an update.

I also wish that I had joined blogging networks sooner -- they add another fun dimension to blogging.

Curly Sue stole the words right out of my mouth! :-)

Sarah
Going Bananas Blog
I would have gotten more involved in social networks like this, it is much more fun to see that everyone has a little of the crazy in them! I also would have started been more liberal with my actual ability to swear like drunken frat boys...now I'm afraid my mom would have a stroke if she read that.
No free wordpress- blogger all the way!
Choose a different blog name
I'm glad I read this even though I don't have much to contribute. I am just now starting to join in communities and such so hopefully I can learn from everyone elses experience.
I think the only thing I might do differently is have my daughters (my tech gurus) start blogs so they could show me how to do what I need to do instead of stumbling through on my own. ;-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service