What would you differently if you could start your blog all over again?

- register a domain name?
- hire a designer?
- not blog about my family?

What would you do differently?

Views: 538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, I am new to blogging, so am still learning the ropes. What is MBC club?
If I was starting my blog over again, I'd make it a small photo blog. I just don't have an exciting enough life to post about much lately. Photos say more then I could right now.
If I could start my blog all over, I would write daily & hire someone to make a design for my blog (But moneys not there). Tho I would love to learn how to make them myself. & of course join blogging networks alot sooner.
I would have started with Wordpress. Moving over was a pain and I lost my comments. There was some glitch that just wouldnt move them. Sad.
I just started my blogging life all over again. I had a blog that was private and I sent out to all my friends. It had over 300 posts. I changed my focus, and then contributed another 50. I lost those 50 posts when I tried to archive my blog. I just feel awful about it! I wish I had some of those posts back :(
i would have started out writing longer titles. instead of one word post titles. dern my need to be simple. i must embrace my high-maintainability...
I'm not sure I'd do anything differently. Maybe register a domain name and make it a bit similar for people to find me. use spell check more would be a good one and the spacing of the paragraphs :p
I just started my blog about 3 weeks ago and I did a ton of research before I jumped into the blogging world. But I think if I had to start over I would have started off with WP. I started with blogger then decided I hated it and went to WP. I got real caught up in the technical stuff which got very frustrating.
go with Wordpress! I love the customizing available.
I would have started 2 separate blogs and not have turned my general blog into a mixed blog like it is now. Still thinking about starting another one or two. lol
... do it right from the start. I started it just to check out "what is this blogging thing about?" and I started checking out Wordpress, and other software. So, it just kinda sat there and I hardly paid attention to it. Then one day I was going through old spam mail and I saw that people had actually been leaving me comments! That changed my whole outlook, although I did not do it frequently.
I would have built my blog on Wordpress, instead of having to migrate later in the game. I had no idea there was a self-hosted Wordpress--I just thought there were two free blogging platforms from which to choose and that was it.

Actually, if I knew then even half of what I know about blogging now, my blog would be entirely different. Ah, hindsight! :-)

Michele
The Professional Family Manager

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service