What would you differently if you could start your blog all over again?

- register a domain name?
- hire a designer?
- not blog about my family?

What would you do differently?

Views: 515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hire a designer and have someone train me on blogging!!!!!!!!!
If I could start over again, knowing what I know now...I would have picked a shorter blog name. I would have started on wordpress self hosted- now I have to think about moving it all. I would have been more anonymous and not told family. I also would have had a plan about my goals and what I am posting about- I have tended to post more random type 'day in our life' type posts.
I would have definitely registered a domain name. I suppose I still could, but that would be such a pain!

I don't really care about the design aspect of it, I'm happy with my Cutest Blog On The Block background :)

I would still blog about my family, but I would give my daughter a nickname. lol
why blogger?

Susan Lindgren said:
No free wordpress- blogger all the way!
get fresh and engaging content
I would blog more about my family and less about product reviews. I still plan on changing that someday!
Not stopped.. started my blog in 2002 as well as a definite product review one w/my BFF. That blog would have been AMAZING now, 8 years later. My personal one has stayed alive thru that time but I have changed formats so many different times.
I think I would change the domain name. So Called Mom might not get so many bites as I thought it would. But now it's starting to grow on me.
I use Blogger and really like it as well. What's all the hype with WP? Is it really that much easier for search engines to find?

Susan Lindgren said:
No free wordpress- blogger all the way!
use Wordpress
If I was to go back and do a redo on my blog first thing I would do would be to bypass the paid blogging sites where I paid just to be able to write. Now I use blogger and am happy with what control I have over the blog. But it cost me to find my comfort zone.
Started on Wordpress!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service