What would you differently if you could start your blog all over again?

- register a domain name?
- hire a designer?
- not blog about my family?

What would you do differently?

Views: 545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This question has actually been rolling through my mind the past few weeks. I would defiantly change the name and some of the things I've blogged about in the past. I've changed so much since I started my blog that it really doesn't fit anymore.
Learned about SEO in the beginning. My hubby's been teaching me and changing a LOT on my blog since last Friday, and already I've gone up a google pagerank!
I would have not picked the same name. I get asked all the time if my blog is a scrapping blog. But I still like the name. Sigh

*sigh* if I knew then what I know now....

I think we all have feel that from time to time. If I could start all over again I would be better to myself. It is not necessary to spend 12 hours a day at the computer. I have learned to be good to myself, and that not posting anything is NOT the end of the world...

I would have done reviews/giveaways sooner. Doing the couponing and discount thing is way too time consuming. Not that reviews and giveaways aren't but nothing like the couponing thing!

If I could I wouldn't write so many reviews, but rather some meaningful, personal stuff that could be valuable to the readers.

Change my domain name

change my page name

Mine too... I call it creative ADHD! 

Shelby said:
tried really hard to narrow my focus and find an appropriate design and have it all "set" before I opened the blog. I've done a lot of changing and experimenting and it probably drives all 3 of my readers crazy.
Before we make that mistake, what are paid posts? 

A Cowboy's Wife (Lori) said:
Not written so many paid posts. I would focus more on quality content.

not blog about my family so much, bought my domain name from the beginning, been on wordpress from day one, and so many other things!

Some really good one's here, I certainly would try to be more focused and probably try to get a  rough editorial calender in place, I know I don't always follow it now, but it keeps me well focused on what I will be writing about.

I would have blogged every single day.  I went months without blogging.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service