What would you want to learn about at a blogging conference?

The recent buzz about the BlogHer Conference has been loud :) It got me to thinking, what would you want to learn if you went to a blogging conference? Or if you went to BlogHer, what sessions did you like? what sessions may have been missing?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't go, but I would love to try to do that next year.

If I go, more than anything, I want to learn. Socialization is important, but the sessions would be of much more interest to me if they helped me add value to my blog. I'd like to know how the probloggers got started, how they monetized their blogs (in case I ever want to do that in the future). I'd like to learn about blog design. Sessions about writing good content would be helpful as would building readership. I would like to see platform-specific sessions as well as going from a platform to a self-hosting blog, step-by-step. I'd like to learn more about stat counters and stat trackers as well as how to optimize my blog using stumbleupon, twitter, etc. I'm sure all that was available, and much more, and I'm sure there are articles on the Internet, but hearing it directly from the source would be more effective for me.

Great topic!
I'd want to learn more about good writing. :-)

Sarah
Going Bananas Blog
Thanks for all this. You've listed some great topics! Your last line helped something click as well -- there are a lot of resources to read online, but wondered if some learn better hearing the information or seeing it in action. I'm sure that's the case for a lot of people :)

forgetfulone said:
I didn't go, but I would love to try to do that next year.

If I go, more than anything, I want to learn. Socialization is important, but the sessions would be of much more interest to me if they helped me add value to my blog. I'd like to know how the probloggers got started, how they monetized their blogs (in case I ever want to do that in the future). I'd like to learn about blog design. Sessions about writing good content would be helpful as would building readership. I would like to see platform-specific sessions as well as going from a platform to a self-hosting blog, step-by-step. I'd like to learn more about stat counters and stat trackers as well as how to optimize my blog using stumbleupon, twitter, etc. I'm sure all that was available, and much more, and I'm sure there are articles on the Internet, but hearing it directly from the source would be more effective for me.

Great topic!
I would have liked more advanced class for SEO and affiliate marketing. Everything was really geared towards newbies which equals UNuseful for me. I would love to have participated in a design session. Designing websites that is.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/26/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service