When you read a post, do you read every word or skim? Be honest...;)

My daily blog roll is getting longer and longer! I'm finding it takes me over an hour to read every post, even when some don't post daily. How many blogs do you read daily/regularly? Do you skim the long entries or read every word? How long is too long in your opinion? A girl needs to know! ;)

Tags: blog, length, posts, read, roll

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I scan first and if something grabs me then I read in depth.
Bah...I skim unless it is one of my favorites. I try to hit and comment on them all, but it's getting harder.
Depends on how interesting the blog posts are general skim first and delve in if interested. Comment if so inquired.
I read a lot of blogs, as well! I do tend to skim when I read...but that applies to a lot of reading that I do, not just blogs!
If it's an informational post - I skim
If it's a personal, story type post AND it is well written, I'll read it in depth.
If it's not well written or interesting to me I won't read at all...............too much going on!
I'm usually sneaking a few minutes on the computer while the kids are busy, so I'm a skimmer. If it's a really good post, funny or thought provoking, I'll read it even it's a long one.

Elle
I don't read every word....I don't have time for that. Every day i visit around 60-70 blogs
I read a lot of blogs most days. I scan it and if it is interesting read the entire post. I do the same when reading magazines and newspapers. It has to be catchy. I am a visual person so love photos!

I still read 'em all word for word. If somebody is going to take the effort to write it, then I want to read it. If quite a few posts in a row aren't worth the time it takes to read the, they come off my Google Reader and go into my bookmarks so I can still check in occasionally.
I read word for word, but I'm a fast reader. It doesn't take long at all to read a post.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service