I am thinking of redesign the layout of my blog again. How often do you redesign blog? As a web designer by trade I get bored with the design easily and constantly want to change it. Is it a bad idea to keep changing the look of your blog?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just started blogging about 3 months ago so I haven't yet changed the design of my blog, but I'd definitely like to. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to learn how to do it and I don't have the money to pay someone to redesign it - it cost me a lot of money just to get this design up and running.

I think you can change your design as often as you like, but it might be smart to keep a certain kind of theme so that your blog is instantly recognizable to your loyal followers - kwim? You can change a bunch of things on it, but maybe keep a few things constant so that you don't throw everyone off?

Andrea
The Creative Junkie
http://www.thecreativejunkie.com
For the first six months I redesigned a lot. I was learning more and more about web design and photoshop and was constantly tweaking my banner/header. I've finally settled on one I love and I've had it up for over 3 months now.

I don't think it's a bad idea to keep changing the look, a lot of bloggers do the 'new month, new logo' thing which is pretty cool.
I think it is your blog and you need to do whatever you like. I personally like to change mine up a bit becasue I get bored w/ it!
I've changed my design five times in the past three years. I think I've finally found something I'm willing to stick with. It's pretty versatile and easy on the eyes. I also paid for it and I'm all about getting my money's worth!
When I first started in March, I changed my header every week. I have Photoshop and tons of digiscrap, so it was fun. I'm happy with my new layout, so i'll keep it for a while..maybe until fall and then i'll switch it up again!
I've been slowly trying to get my blog to where I like it. I need to add a background and figure out how to keep white in the "text area". Some day I'll get the hang of it all and then I might change it up a bit more often!
I've changed my blog look about 5 times in teh past few years, maybe once every 10-12 months, when I've decided I don't like how it is laid out or I get sick of the colors. I liked a clean look, then I went for something more decorative, then something scrappy, then form 2 columns to 3. I just changed mine back to a clean look last week so I think I am probably good for a while.

I think it's ok to change your blog as much as you like. I just agonize so much over color choice I can't bring myself to do it often. It took me 6 years to choose paint for my living room. :)
I am about to have my 3rd design in 3 weeks. But this one will be a keeper!
I'm happy with the design I have through blogger templates, but I like to change my header and colors whenever the mood strikes me. I had a different header during the holidays, then I changed it to a more neutral design, then fourth of July, then one that is probably sort of springtime-ish, but I love it. I can create headers with PowerPoint or Adobe, so I tend to do that, maybe more often than I should. And when I change the header, I have to change the background and font colors to match. It's just fun! That's one reason I am hesitant to monetize, because I would feel like I had to "brand" my blog, and I like change.
I've changed my design about three times but I'm limited because of using go daddy. I ended up spending a lot of time doing my header and all that so I'm going to keep it for a while. I don't think you have to do things a certain way. I get bored easily too so I don't see why not change it once in a while or as much as you want. :)
I was changing my nonstop there for awhile but now that I have my logo copyrighted (for my brand), I'm sticking to these. I would like to change my food blog to the current template on my others but not using the same colors. So much work that I don't feel like doing though.

I think people come to know you by your blog so if you're constantly changing it, they become less familiar.
I haven't changed my blog design since I had a friend do it for me. I need to update my header, but the rest of it I'm still happy with.
The friend who designed my blog is going through some family issues right now... but I don't feel right asking another friend to work on my blog for me. I suppose that if I have my other friend to an entirely different template then the other friend shouldn't feel bad...but I don't feel right keeping just part of her design. ya know?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service